7.07.2008

When I Get Antsy...

I rearrange furniture. I know I've said that here before. However, our teeny apartment only allows for so much furniture movement. And at this point, I think I may have covered all of the furniture arrangements that are possible in this space. But I get antsy a lot. So recently I attacked a couple of counter tops around our place, just to keep my fingers busy.


Sometimes just changing the distance that the candlesticks stand apart from one another satisfies my rearranging urges. Or moving our kitchen canisters from shortest - tallest to tallest - shortest. But sometimes entire cupboards get emptied out on the kitchen floor. And Barry puts up with it all. Oh, these itchy fingers...

14 comments:

maritza said...

Oh those corners of your home look beautiful!

amandajean said...

you do such a great job! do you wanna come and help me? I sure could use it.

Anonymous said...

Oh man...memories of the bedroom with the
round window...rearranged every, what, 3 days!!!
Even the white mouse got confused!!!
l,D

Knitsonya said...

Love your interiors, as always. You should see what Mr. Knitsonya has to put up with and participate in.

Chickenbells said...

Oh...I wish I had those urges when I get antsy. You could always pop out this way, my house could use a good rearrange!

Mrs.French said...

honestly, this is a compulsion of yours I wish would rub off on me.

littlebyRD said...

sounds like fun to me!

anna/village vegan said...

Oooh, I sympathize with you on that itch to re-arrange! And your home is lovely.

asphaltandair said...

love these details.
your home must be lovely.
i especially adore that mixer piece (i think that's what it is anyway)

house on hill road said...

i wish you would come here and arrange my stuff.

amisha said...

your home is so lovely susan. this post is making my fingers itch to decorate my new space! :) xox

Mariss said...

You have such beautiful and unique things, and such a way of grouping them. I'm sure Barry doesn't mind one bit, "putting up with it"! ;)

Michelle said...

Naturally it looks so nice. How do you keep things looking so fresh but at the same time neat!

laundrygirl said...

You have such a cute place! My mom is a furniture re-arranger too. I remember as a kid waking up in the middle of the night and wandering into the livingroom to find her suffering from insomnia and re-arranging furniture. There was so sort of fun in knowing you could wake up in the morning and walk into a room that looked totally different the day before...