7.27.2008

Drew's Boots, Klamath Falls

I'm a sucker for durable, functional, traditionally designed outdoor clothing and accessories. Smart wool, sturdy leather, waxed canvas... I just love 'em. You, too? Do your read Archival Clothing? Anyhow, while in Klamath Falls (a detour on our trip home from Crater Lake) last week, Barry and I stumbled upon Drew's, where they carry a great selection of Pendleton blankets, Filson bags, and some of the most beautiful, classic-looking boots I'd ever seen: White's.

If only I was a cowgirl. Or a mountaineer. They'd be totally justifiable.
A side note/wondering... If you search within the pages of each of the above links, you will find tastefully designed clothing and accessories. You will not find tastefully designed websites. Why the disconnect between product and marketing?

10 comments:

Chickenbells said...

Your last question is a good one...of course, I own a business and I don't have a website so I don't know how qualified I am to answer that...

The boots are divine however, aren't they?

abby said...

Oh gosh-I know, right?!
And you know, sometimes I find amazing sites, but the content sucks a big one....
I am dying right now over those boots....sigh....have a good night!

sara said...

:)

shari said...

the boots are amazing. i don't know if i could have resisted.

Michelle said...

Ah, I totally hear you, it buggs me so much to have to endure a crappy website for good stuff. I like to think they spend so much time making a great product, a thoughtful solution to a real problem, that they don't care for the extras...

Mrs.French said...

I think marketing goes out the window when products have been around for as long as these and have a generational following...not sure it should, but I think it does.

Mariss said...

The boots are lovely, darlin! (Isn't that cowgirlish of me?!) Why not put those on your wishlist for someday. You can get them, you don't have to be a mountaineer! Although, with your recent travels, it appears you're pretty damn close!

I agree with the website. Although a good product should almost sell itself, it's amazing what clean lines, good typography and nice graphics can get you to buy.

Dog Gone said...

Have you seen the new fall coats & boots by all the NYC designers? Outdoor lumberjack inspired...like in Drew's Boots.
I'd say with a better graphically designed website they might give NYC a run for their money, but maybe it's better to just leave it, so the costs/prices stay lower?

ST said...

don't order from Drew's Boots. They sent me the wrong item and refused fault.

Anonymous said...

This is the worst place to order anything from. The customer service is horrible!! I bought a shirt from them and didn't recieve it for 3 weeks!! I called them and they said they would take care of it. A week went by and nothing happened, so I asked for the manager and he tells me to "F" off and have a nice life. I still don't have the right shirt and if you tell them they made a mistake they get mad at you and will not help.