6.03.2008

Silverton Day One

Barry competed in a 52 and a half mile bicycle road race this weekend near Silverton, Oregon. Clearly, we are related by marriage, not genetics. I dutifully positioned myself next to the starting line to catch a glimpse of him every time he whizzed past for each of the three 17.5 mile loops he completed. While he looped, I explored the area, camera in hand. For the next few days I'll be showing you what I got to know of Silverton, as things 'round my way have been rather slow - slow but good - otherwise.

centered landscapes

7 comments:

Carol Emma said...

Beautiful pictures!

Esti said...

I love those landscapes! Wow!

littlebyRD said...

Pretty!

Mariss said...

Gorgeous compositions, Susan! (And generally I'm partial to off-center shots). I especially love the one with the white sandy hilly area.

Great for Barry! I must say, thank goodness you're not related by genetics. Because that would be illegal! (Ha ha ha)

Chickenbells said...

Go Barry!

(dang. I'm tired just reading about all that mileage!)

Julie Owsik Ackerman said...

Love these pics Suz, gorgeous. I giggled at your annoyance with the tv cord driving you nuts. Have you moved the light in the dining room yet (or is that a sore subject?)

As a 31 year old who slept on the air mattress in the dining room, I'd like to say that I slept great, so great that I slept while you, Barry, and Carl all went for your morning 15 mile runs or whatever.

Kat - Taylor Made designs said...

wow~ good for barry!
great photos as always :)