6.16.2008

Racing His Way Through Oregon

Another 50 mile race yesterday (this time on a mountain bike), another long walk in the country while I cheered for Barry as he lapped the course. But this time, we were graced with blue skies and sun. They're finally here.

After seeing my shots from race day, Barry was reminded of a series of photos of power lines by Paul Cabuts that was featured back in the Summer 2003 issue of Source magazine. A cyclist with an unfaltering memory and love of photography. He's a keeper.
With the lovely weather, an excellent show by Sea Wolf at the Doug Fir last night, and a Detroit Cobras show on the way this evening, I can hardly contain myself. I hope your week is off to a good start, too.

12 comments:

Dog Gone said...

Blue skies, sunshine & Sea Wolf at the Doug Fir - what more could you ask for??!!

Mom said...

Are you going to the Doug Fir for dinner too? Menu looks delicious!

Detroit Cobras sounds familiar to me but don't know why.

Glad the weather has changed, have fun. Love, Mom

TAYLOR MADE designs said...

He is a keeper :)
Glad to hear that the sun is finally out. Enjoy the week!

Julie Owsik Ackerman said...

Yay sunshine! Have you gone to the rose garden yet? That could provide some color.

Cannot believe Barry's energy. God bless him.

Love, Jewel

Chickenbells said...

That is a lovely way to start the week! I was in West Fork up in Sedona...hiking and enjoying the water and shade...I am also enjoying the fact that I may have been the only one NOT sore from the hike. Looks as if the gym is paying off!

amandajean said...

a keeper, indeed!

hope the blue skies are there to stay.

angie said...

hi there! I hope you are enjoying the gorgeous sunshine. It was great meeting Berry a few weeks ago. You two make a very cute couple.

Esti said...

I saw the Detroit Cobras a couple of years ago; it was fun. I hope you enjoy your week :)

white^rabbit said...

Really bummed I didn't go to the Sea Wolf show now....

house on hill road said...

go barry go!
sounds like your week is going to be great.

Elaine said...

So how is life in the small city treating you? Are you still having pangs for nyc?

amisha said...

hi susan. hope you are having a wonderful weekend! and go barry!!
i just started running again this week... after a looong hiatus... ouch! but it feels good :) xox