5.16.2008

You Were Expecting Pistachio Bars?

Me, too, until I realized at nine o'clock last night, the new baking hour around here, that I don't have the rimless baking tray that the recipe requires. So I scrapped the baking and decided on earring-making. Did you know I still do that? Probably not, since I haven't posted about it in ages. Anyhow, I got a huge earring shipment together for Flirt and made a ton of bright summery pairs that will make their way into my etsy shop soon. I got into bed way too late, and I'm exhausted this morning. So in lieu of pistachio bars and earrings (both of which you can count on next week), here's an homage to my favorite place in our apartment, a place I had had trouble prying myself away from this morning:

I've already introduced you to our unmade bed.
But have I shown you all of the little decaying treasures
that we keep on a shelf above it?



I don't know which I love most: the vintage post card that Barry hunted down for me me which pictures a lodge we loved visiting in Texas, the old wire arm and shoulder casts with their yellowing tags still attached, or the framed postcard from the "Home for Friendless Children, Bronx, NY." I'm a big fan of rusted metal and crusty old mirrors, too. I think I'm going to hide out under these guys for a few more minutes...
It's going to be an awesome weekend here, friends. I wish you the same where you are.

13 comments:

beki said...

Such interesting treasures, I love stuff like that.

Dog Gone said...

I'm a fan of rusty & crusty, too. LUV the wire arm & shoulder casts - wow- just fantastic!!
But please share the pistachio bar recipe sometime. They are my fav nut!
Have an awesome & beautiful weekend!

laundrygirl said...

Pretty cool room. I see you have a love for down comforters too!

house on hill road said...

i love the tortoise shell myself.

pricklypearbloom said...

mmm, lovely. Your bed looks comfy. And those treasures? Are awesome.

Carol Emma said...

Oh, I love rust! Your treasures are wonderful and make a lovely contrast to your ultra modern bed and fresh white comforter.

Chickenbells said...

Pistachio anything sounds mightily fine right now...then again, so does crawling right into that unmade bed...that's where I left the kitty this morning, she crawled right back into bed. I just couldn't make it because I didn't want to disturb her (yeah...that was the reason)

amandajean said...

I love your shelf of treasures.

and I can sympathize about not having the right pan for baking. I sooo want to try out no knead bread but don't have a pot to bake it in and I'm not interested in spending lots of money on one right now. I just might need to go thrifting! :)

shy_smiley said...

such style! there's a shelf above my bed too, but it's just dusty and crap-scattered!

asphaltandair said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
asphaltandair said...

ergh! that's so frustrating when you find that you're ill-eqipped for baking...after making the dough even.
that little collection of yours is wonderfully sweet.

littlebyRD said...

I love your display of all your little treasures. Thanks for sharing!

Mariss said...

I love your little collection. Big hugs to the Friendless Children in the Bronx though! Oy vey.

Looking forward to seeing more of your baking!