5.19.2008

Bummer.

The pistachio bars I attempted to make this weekend were a total flop. I'm not even bothering to post the recipe here.
Turns out salted oatmeal cookies are actually better when made with white chocolate as opposed to dark chocolate. Believe me. I tried. Who would have thought?
Two days ago, an angry insect got caught under my shirt and bit the hell out of my back. Sleep has been fitful for a couple nights now.
Our car broke down today. Hello and goodbye, stimulus check.

As I'll be relying on the bus for the next couple days and my commute to work is going to take a bit longer than usual, I'm going to be quiet around these parts this week. I'm looking forward to the uninterrupted reading time public transportation is so good for, but I won't be in front of the computer much. I hope to post a couple photos a day of those earrings I promised last week. I'm off now to work on making lemonade from these lemons. How painfully perfect are these guys (in my etsy shop now):

11 comments:

house on hill road said...

sorry about the car. things like that always suck. the lemons are pretty dang cute, though!

Mariss said...

Oh, you poor dear. I'm sorry about the bug bites, the pistachio bar flop and especially your sick car. Enjoy your reading time on the bus, and hopefully things will turn around soon. If I were the type to use the "hugs" thing with parenthesis, I would totally do it right now. How about an emoticon instead ;)

amandajean said...

sorry you are having a tough week.
xo

Artsy Momma said...

When it rains it pours. Dont worry though I think everyone in blogland will be your umbrella and keep you dry!

Your post title though sums it up very nicely.

laundrygirl said...

Sounds like a rough week. I know how it is...
Hang in there!

ambika said...

Man, I'm sorry to hear about the car. I know that can be a real pain--but yes, bus time is *perfect* for catching up on reading.

pricklypearbloom said...

Dang, TOTAL bummer. I'm sorry to hear about the string of bad luck. Those lemons totally rock, though.

Bitterbetty said...

oh man...
I hate when life goes like that.
blech.

all the new earrings are looking pretty dang gorgeous. adversity fueled creativity!

Dog Gone said...

I have found mishaps, bad luck or whatever comes in 3s - for me anyway, SO I think you're on your way to sunnier days! Darn on those pistachio bars, but I like the new jewels.

heyyy said...

OH no!! that stinks about your car. Well, at least it isn't raining in Portland... oh wait... hope you have a great week. 3 day weekend coming up!

Michelle said...

Oh dude, wow, string of bad luck, but your work looks as fresh and fun as ever. Those lemon earrings remind me of these little clay earings my dad used to make for me, one was a hotdog, and one was a hamburger, and then once he made me a pair, a milkshake and a cheesburger, my favorite.