5.02.2008

Back on The Grid

Wonderful visits from my parents and Barry's parents have come to an end. It's tough to suddenly be separated from them again by the distance of an entire country. We had a great time with them all, and then whooosh... they're gone.

But I am finding myself happily settling back into regular old everyday life. I am a creature of habit. I like rituals. I like plans. I like pattern. Guys, I eat the same exact thing for breakfast, lunch, and after-school snack (don't tell me you gave up after-school snacks just 'cause you're not in school anymore) five days a week. So having some regularity return to my days is welcome.

One ritual I'm returning to is snapping photos. I'd been neglecting the old camera for a while now, and figured last night was the perfect time to pull it out again. Ah, yes... pattern, parallel lines, right angles. Me. These were shot as Barry and I walked to a few galleries as part of first Thursday events in Portland lat night. I'm so glad that Chelsea mentioned Tsilli Pine's show at Ogle. I absolutely adored her work. And I was able to see Angie again, who had taken part in a fun show at PiP Gallery. Note to self: hurry up and get one of her Constellation pieces.

Today's plan to get back on track: some serious attention to my Bloglines account. See you there soon, friends.

11 comments:

chelsea said...

I am so glad you caught her show! I couldn't make it but hope to stop by this month.

Dog Gone said...

Loved Tsilli Pine's work! Really wonderful & I just love her name too-really wonderful!
Really some good shows out there. I also liked a lot of the artists & works at the Elizabeth Leah Gallery as well & across the street at Blackfish. Just some great talent out there. Inspiring.
And again, thanks for the links! (smiley face here-ha!)

design for mankind. said...

Your photos are fantastic!!! :)

Carol Emma said...

Welcome back!
So I am not the only person who eats the same breakfast, lunch (and sometimes dinner) every day...weird OCD stuff we have in common!
Great that you had visits from the parents. How did they like Portland?

mariss said...

Ah, yes, bittersweet to miss your family but get back into the ritual. I totally have an after school-er, work, snack daily! And one between breakfast and lunch, and sometimes a little one with tea at 3PM before work is over ;)

The photo with the window panes is lovely. I like modular things, in design and in patterns. You have such a good eye.

Enjoy your regularity. (hahaha...)

Chickenbells said...

Oh silly creatures of habit...I can be having THEBESTTIME in the world, but if it's disrupting my schedule for more than a week, I get a little edgy...silly humans. Welcome back...

asphaltandair said...

so glad to have you "back on the grid" with your little snap-snap camera in hand!

amandajean said...

I love love LOVE that window photo. it is so fantastic! i am so glad to see your photographs again. and I don't have an after school snack, although that does sound like one ritual that I could get used to. :)

Erin said...

I can relate to your need for routine. Makes life seem less chaotic.

I am glad you are taking photo's again, the top shot is very interesting. It would look great framed Susan.

Esti said...

Glad that you came around my blog the other day. I like your blog and your art pieces, and now that you've rediscover your camera I look forward to your pictures.

picperfic said...

cameras are your friends! I go in phases of eating the same food at each meal...soup is high on the list at the moment!