4.04.2008

Photo Bug

One last blove post today, this time with a photographic theme. And even though it's completely unconnected to anything I'll mention below, I can't post about photography and not include an actual photo, so I'm throwing in a recent snapshot for good measure:

Portland litter is pretty.

Okay, on to the good stuff. First, do yourself a favor click over to Cally Creates, which is chock full of Cally's simple yet gorgeous photographic images that are often stunningly paired. Check out these recent pairings in particular. But don't stop there... scroll though her older posts, too, many of which feature images of Cally's paper cutting work as well as the play with light and shadow that she's done with these pieces. Drool.

Next, you ought pop over to Asphalt and Air, a blog by a friendly fellow Portlander who has serious skills with a camera. Between the two of us, a little e-mailing occurred, a swap was arranged, and next week, I'll be the proud owner of prints of these two images. Lovely.

Thanks to Ms. Asphalt and Air and to Ursa, I finally got off my rump and did something that I should have done long ago. I finally put all of my Original Intent photos on a disk, and can now easily take them to get printed. So, it's finally happening. Original Intent images are now for sale in the sulu-design etsy shop. We'll see how this goes. It may be a brief run , depending on how smoothly (or not) the whole process goes. But several of you have asked, and I try to be accommodating...

And last but not least, congratulations to Hip Mama Crafts for guessing the date closest to my last hair cut - which was right before Christmas (I had to clean myself up a bit before seeing the family around the holidays, you know) - and, therefore, for winning Rob Ryan's beautiful calendar. A happy weekend to you all!

15 comments:

april said...

OMG! Susan! Best idea EVER!
I can't wait!!!

JanelleGrace said...

Lovely post, makes me want to move to Portland right now.

Sarah said...

Fantastic! It was so much fun looking through all your Original Intent photos, there's definitely several I'm considering.

Jamie Watson said...

Great links! And I am so excited that you put your prints on Etsy. That is just so awesome!

mariss said...

Congratulations! No question in my mind that it will go swimmingly!

--very proud in Philly ;)

mariss said...

P.S. Oh, way to show off the "litter" in the NW. Shall we send you some "real" litter from the NE?! hahaha

Chickenbells said...

Oh fantastic...photos!!

cally said...

i wish all litter could be so beautiful and biodegradable. i love the pinky red colours, we don't get much of that here.

thanks so much for mentioning my blog, you've made me blush :)
i'll be sure and visit the other places you've highlighted too.

happy weekend to you!

Mrs.French said...

thank you for all the links...always fun to add some new "bookmarks."

c.rachel said...

You've been sharing lots of great blogs...more to add to my reading list!

asphaltandair said...

hey there!
thanks for the sweet link to my blog. i am thrilled that you have decided to put your original intent photos up in your shop. i'm sure that i'm not the only one itching to have my paws on one of your photos AND the earrings that were inspired by it.
can't wait for the swap!
excited, kristi

Carol Emma said...

What a fabulous idea selling your Original Intent photos! You've just begun a whole new business! I'm off to check them out right now....how exciting!

Dog Gone said...

Even though there are several I want, I think the Original Intent Photos makes great gifts-especially for guy gifts. Always a hard one for me.
Awesome idea!

The Lenart's said...

This is such exciting news, Susan. Congratulations! I might buy a couple and have them framed for the house.
Thank you for giving me some credit too, but it is all you. Give yourself a bit pat on the back or reward yourself with a bowl of ice cream.
All the best!

Michelle said...

Oh pretty litter! Unfortunatly the litter here is not so pretty.