3.28.2008

Unexpected

In a mess of weeds that hang in planters on our fire escape (we'll tend to them eventually... I swear), a delicate tulip-like thingie bloomed this week. Unexpected beauty.

This morning, Portland got a pretty decent dusting of snow, which is rare here. After dealing with the harsh winters in Cleveland and New York for more than thirty years, I am so over snow. Unexpected ugh.

I'm on a somewhat new work schedule this month, and realized this morning that I have an extra hour before my work day begins. Unexpected free time. Which resulted in an unexpected sulu-design shop update:


Thirty minutes later: The snow has officially turned to rain. Now that's what I expect from Portland. Happy weekend, all.

11 comments:

Kat - Taylor Made designs said...

I love the look of the white beads... they remind me of a flat mother of pearl :) so pretty.

Have an "unexpected", fun + relaxing weekend!

beki said...

Beautiful earrings as always, Susan! Enjoy your weekend :)

c.Rachel said...

Beautifully put together post!
Elegant earrings...I really like the ones that have teal beads at the end.

Our snow is now rain too. Gotta love the NW!

marilyn said...

Susan, I love the mother of pearl round earrings and believe that it would also make a great matching( I know how you feel about that concept)necklace. Also love the round, red stone necklace. I enjoy reading your posts which keeps us up to date with what is happening in your world. Have a wonderful weekend. Marilyn

Chickenbells said...

That is an interesting tulip-thing indeed...at least it matches the snow right?

mariss said...

Enjoy your "found" time, Susan! Spring is around the corner :)

The unexpected earrings are tres cute. The pops of turquoise are very sweet!

maritza said...

I love those mother-of-pearl beads. These earrings are so lovely. Hope you have a great weekend!

amandajean said...

and I am with you being soooo over snow. and what a pleasant surprise to have an unexpected bloom in your planter.

I agree with c.rachel, what a beautifully put together post.

traci said...

these are so lovely susan!

Beulah Sorensen said...

Are you going to make more of the Checkmate Earrings? They're all sold out and I love them.

Connie said...

ha! that *is* so unexpected! your posts have been so cheery lately :) {and by lately, i mean, the 4 proceeding this one that i just read} thanks for making me smile!