2.18.2008

Too Many Photos and No Decent Title

Our recent, unexpected trip out of town took us to Richmond, Virginia, to see Barry's parents. Barry's mom had ended up in the hospital a few days before they were planning on heading out to visit us in Portland last week, so we did a little trip reversal and headed east to be with them. I'm happy to report that my lovely mother-in-law is out of the hospital and doing well, and that the four of us we were able to spend lots of time together in what turned out to be a nice little vacation for me and Barry. We ate well. Too well. Barry's father is a maestro in the the kitchen, and I came home with some great recipes, along with a puffy belly - a souvenir that always indicates a proper vacation. The trip also allowed for...

a visit to my favorite Richmond bead shop, where I found beads I'd been sorely missing and where I found some sea glass to add to my stash:


a visit with Amy at JetSet, where I picked up an adorable new dress (I can never resist choosing something from her amazing selection) and dropped off these, among others:


and visit with my favorite friend from Baltimore, who was sweet enough to bring me cards that she's made in the great gocco swap of '08:


What could have been a stress-filled visit turned out to be a great time with family and friends. And now I'm totally exhausted. I've got lots of catching up to do. I hope that all is well with each of you.

21 comments:

Cance said...

i'm such a fan of your blog, i awarded you an e for excellence award. yay! feel free to leave your acceptance speech on my blog, and to pass along the love :D

picperfic said...

oooh those beads look interesting and I can't wait to see what you make with them. Love the earings as per usual.

Hop your MIL makes a full recovery and that your belly soon deflates!

house on hill road said...

i am glad your mother-in-law is doing well. i am sure that is a relief.

the beads are gorgeous as is the print from traci. i feel lucky to have one of my own!

Amy said...

Wow those orange and blue beads in the second photo are gorgeous. Can't wait to see what you do with them!

amandajean said...

glad to hear that your trip went well and that your mother in law is doing well. it is always hard to get back from a trip and find your groove again. it's been nearly 2 weeks for me, and i am just feeling caught up now. and here's a big hurray for new beads!!! glad you are back. :)

Anonymous said...

Please post Mike's recipes!!!

beki said...

It sounds like you had a nice trip! I'm loving those new beads you picked up - I can't wait to see what you make with them!

mariss said...

I'm happy to hear your mother-in-law is okay :) Glad you got a mini-vacation out of a stressful situation! Great prints--I wasn't in your friend's swap group, but was admiring her prints!

Oh, nice bead scores too :)

traci said...

those sea glass beads are bliss. always a pleasure wandering the town with you two!

Beulah Sorensen said...

The blue sea glass is lovely!

holly said...

My fave blogger is back - a good day indeed!
I loved the JetSet website - so cool!

Sonya said...

Glad to hear everything is fine and dandy, leaving town unexpectedly can sound dire. I love those oval beads, just strung they look fabulous.

Wende said...

Welcome home... I'm so glad your MIL is doing well.

Get some rest. (the new jewels are stunning.)

Connie said...

glad your mother in law is feeling better and lovely selection of beads! i think i have a pair of your earrings with some of those!

c.rachel said...

Good to hear your family is well and the trip was so great.

Lovin' the new beads and earring designs!!

marilyn said...

We're so happy to hear that Barry's mom is making a full recovery. I'm sure she was very grateful that you guys went to Richmond to be with her. The beads are beautiful. Marilyn

Dog Gone said...

Loved your new pieces! Am drooling!
Glad to hear that your MIL is doing well and that you had a great visit to Richmond.
I'm with cance-big fan of your blog & your lovely pictures and yes, if you have time, post your new puff belly recipes!

andrea (scout) said...

so glad you are back, my dear!... and that your trip was lovely and that barry's mom is doing well. did i mention how much i loved your original intent posts while you were away? no? well, i loved them. brilliant pairings. i can't wait to hear all about your mini-break, and am looking forward to our le happy dinner. but i'm a glutton. so, you know. that's to be expected. :)

Lesley said...

Hope your mil's feeling better. Great sea glass beads and the earrings you've made are tres gorgeous! I love that print too, must go and check out her blog!

pricklypearbloom said...

hahaha, the Great Gocco Swap of 08!

Glad you're back and all is well.

amisha said...

so glad that your mom-in-law is okay and that you ended up having a good visit! good food + beads + friends + family... everything you need :) that sea glass is really beautiful. xox