2.01.2008

Lindamade

I've mentioned here before that I get way too excited by coincidences. So you can imagine how thrilled I was when I found Linda's blog. As it happens, Linda and I lived a few blocks away from one another in Astoria, Queens before I moved to Portland. I didn't know her and never saw her, although from photos she's posted, I know that we shopped at the same grocery store. And right around the time that I up and left New York City, Linda, too, was moving clear across the country. For a while, our blog posts of our cross-country trips were ridiculously in sync, to the point that she knew exactly what little not-on-the-map town we were in based on my photos, as she'd seen the same sights within days of my seeing them. Linda and I now find ourselves in another similar situation. We've not yet found the ultimate sources for our crafting needs in our new towns. Chit chat about this lead to a swap, and boy oh boy did I make out like a bandit. Check out the beautiful things Linda included with the bag of fun beads she sent:

Those little crocheted acorns kill me. You must check out her blog if you haven't already. The woman's photos, use of color, and magical hand in all that she creates is phenomenal. You can also find her blogging at ReproDepot and Adorn. And you can pick up a pair of her crocheted earrings, like the ones above, as well as the cutest darn hats at her etsy shop. Thanks, Linda. And happy start to the weekend, all!

8 comments:

lindamade said...

awww, thanks! i'm glad you like everything. i had a weird obsessive moment where i had to try and crochet all sorts of acorns. i loved how they turned out + happy you're enjoying them. it's kind of funny how similar our years have been- i probably ran into you on the street with out even knowing it. oh, the power of the internet!

Chickenbells said...

Ohmyheavens...it's like a crafting soul mate...oh, how is it that you can sometimes be so close to someone and yet so far away at the same time?!?!

Dog Gone said...

Fantastic pieces! I, too, love the crocheted acorns. Thanks for the links to her shop & blog. Very fun to see new work, hear about new adventures.

laundrygirl said...

Cool! I love the acorns!

sara said...

ahh I love the acorns to!

Lesley said...

That's just too many coincidences!! You two were obviously made to be friends, it's just incredible. I love stories like this. A little bit of magic I think. Those crocheted earrings are so gorgeous and the acorns!! So cute!!

Sonya said...

I just want to stick hooks on those acorns and presto earrings. Or have a whole bowl full, like some hoarding crocheted squirrel. Either really.

amandajean said...

those are some coincidences! as I was reading, I was wondering if you were going to end up as neighbors there too. :)

what fun goodies you ended up with on your swap. I LOVE the crocheted acorns.