1.22.2008

When One Door Closes...

two more doors open. Or at least that's been the case here recently - knock on wood. Just after the holidays, the sweet owner of Noun decided that she was no longer going to carry sulu-design earrings in her shop any longer. The earrings sold quite well there, but the store is limited in space and the owner was interested in pursuing a few other jewelry lines. It was nice while it lasted. Thanks to Stephanie at Noun for giving sulu-designs a chance in her adorable little shop.

However, I'm happy to announce that in the past week, two other Portland shops have begun to carry my earrings:


Moxie is a fun women's clothing shop on Burnside. Their mid-century furnishings drew me in to the store, and the funky, sometimes quirky (and I mean that in the best sense of the word) designs made me linger.

Olio United is a fabulous new-to-me shop on Water Street that is dedicated to "green, sustainable, story-driven" designs for men and women. And they blog. Thanks, Andrea, for introducing me to this stunning shop.

I've been quite busy working on new designs for these and other stores, so please pardon my recent absence. I honestly had the intention of joining Shari in her Winter White Week. Perhaps I can catch up...

12 comments:

Wende said...

Ooh... new designs? Will they be in the etsy store too? I've got a gift certificate that's burning a hole in my pocket.

And I have your lovely lilac colored earrings on because they match my new blouse PERFECTLY!

andrea (scout) said...

whohoo! go susan! i'm so happy to hear about olio! and moxie? soooo cool. those boutiques are perfect for you. we'll have to toast tomorrow to your success...with coffee, of course, since wine-drinking at 9am is usually frowned upon.

and you should definitely join in winter white photo week. see you soon, beautiful! xoxo

shari said...

oh congrats susan! fantastic news. yes, do join in. i'd love to see your winter white photos. xox

michelle said...

Congrats, you have angles on your side, or you just freaking rock really hard, probs you rock, yah, you rock.

Lynn said...

Congratulations!

ease between notches said...

congratulations! so great to hear!! and props to you for continuing to seek out new venues - you're an inspiration!!

amandajean said...

it's always nice to hear how your business is doing. I am glad to hear that you are finding shops in portland to sell your fabulous earrings at!

Tracy said...

Well, that's great news! I love that card of Moxie's, really nicely designed!

abby said...

AWesome!
Still have never been to Noun, but the two other shops seem like a great fit :)

Erin said...

Yay Susan. Here's too more doors openning for Sulu-designs.

Lesley said...

Yay!! That's great news!! Congrats!! Onwards and upwards!!

amisha said...

congratulations on the new shops carrying your beautiful work!!
xox