1.24.2008

Baby, It's Cold Outside

But my neck is toasty warm thanks to the sweet scarf that Ursa sent me (back in December...). Aside from being a huge inspiration to me in the running department - she's run a couple of half-marathons - the girl is crafty, too. The fact that she blogs in English and Slovenian (spoken, too, by my brother-in-law) makes her posts extra fun for me. Thanks, Ursa!


It is bitter cold here in Portland, but there's no snow to speak of. No snow, and no rain, thankfully. It's been beautifully crisp and sunny here, with glorious light streaming down all week long. The early morning light here has been such a pleasure to wake up to. So I decided to take on Shari's Winter White Week challenge by snapping photos inside our apartment. And I'm cheating a bit, jumping in a few days late and posting all five days of winter white at once:






Please pardon that painfully literal shot up there.
Keep warm, friends!

12 comments:

TAYLOR MADE designs said...

really beautiful photos susan!
Stay warm and have a terrific and warm weekend :)

Chickenbells said...

Those are some wonderful shots! I hope that you are able to stay warm!! Wonderful hand created scarfs certainly help don't they?

shari said...

susan! i adore your white photos. so glad you jumped right in. cute photo of you and andrea at broder too. i long to have breakfast there. xox

ambika said...

Such brilliant photos. And I'm enjoying the cold if only because it means there's no clouds!

amandajean said...

your winter white photos are outstanding. love them all.

Feli said...

sending you the hot summer sun from down under. :*) Stay warm.


Love your photos.

andrea (scout) said...

i love painfully literal shots.

liz elayne said...

such gorgeous photos!

i hope you stay warm! i am bundling up too - it is so cold. but i am loving all this sunshine.

The Lenart's said...

Thank you for the compliments. You are making me blush.
I love your photos. Might copy you and start taking more still pictures too.
Susan, you are always the inspiration!

Tracy said...

I love these, especially the windowsill. And, oh, that scarf looks delicious. I love scarves.

Lesley said...

I love the literal one! I love them all! Brrrr! I feel quite chilly now!

Robyn said...

really love the perspective of your photos. Literal or nit, the cold one is nice. As is the scarf.