12.06.2007

Stone Soup

Thanks to the help of lots of friends and family, we had an awesome meal last night. And what's best, they had no idea that they were helping...


While wearing this apron, a gift from my adorable friend, Traci, I made this chicken recipe that's wrapped up in all sorts of family ties (if you care to read the ultra-verbose link, you'll see). I also prepared the same stuffing (to be called dressing henceforth since it wasn't really stuffed in anything) that my brother and his wife made for our Thanksgiving meal this year 'cause it was so darn good the first time around.


We served our meal atop the lovely place mats that my sister-in-law, Jennifer, made as a house warming gift, with the dressing served on the pretty vintage plates that came from the etsy shop, Thrifty Goodness, of my blog friend, Wende.

I only wish you all could have been here to share it with us.

10 comments:

wende@evidently.org said...

Oh, I'm so glad you got your package!

Your lovely earrings arrived... thank you, thank you! I'm SO behind in blog reading and commenting and email and thank you notes. We just got our refrigerator restocked and I am now contending with laundry. This storm was amazing--hope you stayed dry. :D

house on hill road said...

i forgot about in law chicken! thanks for the reminder - i loved it when i made last winter.

Chickenbells said...

Well...just seeing the pictures is like being there...and the placemats are WONDERFUL!!

sew nancy said...

love the apron and your owl earrings are darling. i may just have to snap up a pair!

shy_smiley said...

What a lovely table! Isn't it fun having friends and family for a meal? We don't seem to do that often enough. Hope you're weathering the holiday craziness!

traci said...

you are too sweet. sounds like a lovely meal!

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

OK- kinda wishing I had thought of Thrifty Goodness first, but I love so much of what I see coming out of her shop. and the apron...I am suddenly finding myself in love with aprons. I have the same Ikea fabric waiting in the wings for a pillow cover. I'm having lunch with a friend who works by Ikea in Burbank, so I cam make my annual trip to look at tons of stuff I want, can't take on the plane, but will end up with fabric!

andrea (scout) said...

oh man, i love that book. 'stone soup' is a classic.

and as one who has been known to regularly glut themselves on stuffing/dressing, i think yours sounds heavenly. (also heavenly are the accoutrements. the apron, placemats, plates, oh my!)

michelle said...

Oh how nice, I wish i was there too :), and thanks for giving me yet another etsy vintage store to spend time on, I swear!

amandajean said...

that apron is so fabulous!