12.14.2007

The Sincerest form of Flattery, Part 1

I spent my two days off this week crafting away like crazy, mostly on holiday projects that I've seen posted on other blogs - on your blogs. I thank my lucky stars for you people. Without your inspiration, they're be little evidence around here that it's Christmas time (not that I'm bitter that it doesn't really snow here in Portland). Here's a bit of my attempt at imitation:


Not being much of a seamstress but loving the soft trees I first saw on Stepahnie's blog last year (and then on the blogs of Fanja and Liesl and, well, lots of bloggers), I used styrofoam cones (like the ones Andrea and Beki used in their gumdrop trees) and pinned scraps of fabric to them.


I had enough scraps left over to make these fabric balls, similar to ones I'd admired a while back on Sally's blog. Tomorrow... wreaths inspired by two of my favorite bloggers ever. And more Christmas craftiness to follow next week. Have a great weekend, all.

7 comments:

Kayte said...

Susan, thanks so much for crafting my sparkly zipper pulls! I love, love, love them. (And, I featured them today on my blog (wwww.grandmaskitchentable.typepad.com) so you can check that out if you need an extra smile today.)

Your trees and fabric balls are very cute...the balls remind me of my Grandmother who would wind balls of fabric like this and make rag rugs for her floors in their Iowa farmhouse. It's so great when something pulls a mostly-forgotten memory forward.

Thanks again for the zipper pulls...and check your email as I have another idea for you...but it can wait until after the holidays!

Chickenbells said...

There's nothing like Christmas Crafting...I haven't been that crafty around my house this year for some reason...unless you count putting your feet up and staring off into space as crafty...

amandajean said...

look at you be crafty! I love your projects.

maritza said...

What a great idea using the styrofoam cones! Brilliant! That reminds me, it's time to get festive over here. :)

Nadia said...

I love the scrappy look! Looks like branches and needles.

Red/green is the winter version of pink/green. I love it.

Artsy Momma said...

Cant wait to see what you make over the weekend!

Sonya said...

I broke out my soft trees. We still need to decorate the tree. Groan.