11.17.2007

Reasons to Eat Cake

I'm so pleased to be able to mention here that Shari, the thoughtful blogger with the keen eye who pens The Glass Doorknob, has featured my work in her holiday gift guide today. More than just being smitten with the complimentary attention (and oh, am I smitten), I'm in complete awe of Shari for the colossal amount of work that she undertook in interviewing for and organizing her holiday guide project. And if you haven't been following along with it this week, you should check out the other artists and designers that she's already featured. To be in the company of these talented people flatters me to no end. Thank you, Shari.

And if that weren't reason enough to eat cake, the fact that my brother, Peter, celebrates his birthday today seals the deal. Flourless chocolate delight shall be consumed with reckless abandon tonight. But first, I'm headed off to work. By bus. This is my first time exploring Portland's public transportations system. I'll miss my daily drive over the Fremont Bridge (oh, the sights you see from it!), but I always look forward to a little reading time while someone else is driving. Enjoy the weekend, and eat some cake, too, while you're at it.

9 comments:

shari said...

oh! thank you susan for your kind words. flourless chocolate cake sounds delightful. recently, i took the bus into chapel hill and really enjoyed the adventures of public transportation. perhaps you will glean a bit of inspiration from your journey? xo

maritza said...

Congratulations! That's a great interview - very inspiring!

amandajean said...

I LOVED reading the interview. I forgot about the lumber store earrings. oh, man, you are so good at what you do.

Chickenbells said...

I already had cake myself...one birthday today, and Rich's tomorrow (along with my fathers!)

Congratulations as well...

Bobbypin Bandit said...

Everyday is a day to eat cake. Is it bad that the ground looks like cake frosting to me????

Bobbypin Bandit said...

P.S. Congrats on being in Shari's work. You deserve all the highlights and kudos you get!!

Mrs. R said...

Congratulations. Glad you can eat cake guilt free!

Mom said...

Dear Sweet Suzy,

Needless to say I had to close the door to my office as I read your interview in "the glass doorknob" as didn't want anyone to see the tears that flowed freely! (Also made a hard copy so I can re-read it at home and cry again!)

You are an artist in every sense of the word, a poet, a writer, a photographer, and the way it translates into your jewelry is awe-inspiring!

We have been fortunate as a family to always be together during the Christmas season so this year will be different but know that your happiness at being in Portland is also a gift for us because it means so much to know that you and Barry are happy and thriving in your new environment. Happy Thanksgiving to my amazing daughter! Love always, Mom

amisha said...

i loved reading your interview! so lovely to learn more about you my friend. xo