11.01.2007

Amandajean for President

Seriously. This woman is amazing. Amandajean has been one of my best blog buddies for quite a while now, so I should know that she doesn't play around. When she says she's sending a house warming gift, she's sending a serious gift. Check out the insanely gorgeous pillow that she made, which has found a happy home in out living room:

This piece is perfection. The varying red tones (we love red 'round these parts), the play of symmetry and asymmetry, the cross theme that pops up in little doses around our apartment... I mean, it really is perfect. And being a bit obsessive compulsive, I'm so appreciative of well-executed details. Amandajean is the queen of attention-to-detail. Check out her beautiful patchwork and the lovely curly quilting:


I'm still in awe of the fact that this pillow is in our home. Thank you, Amandajean. You've made out new apartment warmer and far more attractive. I thank the blog heavens that our paths have crossed.
Now... what to send Amandajean for her new home?

18 comments:

mariss said...

What beautiful craftsmanship, and a thoughtful gift. It really echoes the red cross pillows I think I've seen in pics of your house. I like how the detail shows that it's not so modular, but free-form too. Great friend!

mariss said...

What beautiful craftsmanship, and a thoughtful gift. It really echoes the red cross pillows I think I've seen in pics of your house. I like how the detail shows that it's not so modular, but free-form too. Great friend!

kat said...

I totally agree, Amandajean rocks :)
AND her talent is utterly amazing. I mean, first, she is so prolific, and second, her craftmanship is fabulous. Do you know she does that stitching free-hand on her machine?? Oh and to top it all off, she's one of the nicest persons I've ever "met".

Artsy Momma said...

That is gorgeous! I love Amandajean her quilting is awe inspiring.

Anna at D16 said...

That is absolutely beautiful!

holly - hey-eyyy! said...

WOW - beautiful new addition to your beautiful home! I am always so amazed at the talent on the etsy site!

Lesley said...

Wow! What an amazing present! You can tell a lot of thought has gone into that.

Robyn said...

Wow! And I think that is hand stitching. She is so incredibly talented and that is a beautiful and thoughtful gift.

maritza said...

I LOVE that! She did an amazing job! And it is so perfect for your decor, too. What a fabulous present! I love that design and seeing how different people interpret it. Amandajean did such gorgeously modern take on it.

amandajean said...

I'm blushing.

thanks for your kind words.:)
it looks great in your place. hurray!

beki said...

Wow, what a gorgeous gift!

erin said...

oh you lucky girl! it looks beautiful in your home.

Carol Emma said...

The pillow is a treasure...the friend even more so!

Chickenbells said...

Wow! What a truly thoughtful gift...and the craftsmanship is wonderful! Lucky you...

picperfic said...

you lucky lady! That cushion is stunning! Blogland has certainly helped me stay sane in all the madness of my last few years! My earings arrived just now and they are gorgeous, I am planning what to wear today so I can wear my 'peas', I love 'em! I will not be putting these in a safe place that I forget where it is!!

Village Vegan said...

That's so beautiful! Truely a lovely keepsake for your home.

traci said...

this is insanely beautiful. those stitches!! that was all done by hand no? you're one lucky gal.

fine little day said...

Lovely cushion, and what a great chair!