9.06.2007

Tumbleweed

A meeting yesterday with the lovely Kara and Leslie of tumbleweed boutique on Alberta Street in has resulted in sulu-design's debut in Portland!

Thanks so much to Laurie who suggested that I approach this shop. It happens to be one of a few boutiques that stood out in my mind from our last trip to Portland. Tumbleweed stocks an amazing selection of clothing from great independent designers as well as some more well- known names - their dresses are killing me - and the shop has the most beautiful atmosphere. It's up-to-date with a touch of an understated vintage feel. I'm just thrilled with this new arrangement.

And now, a thanks to you readers who left such sweet comments on my post of our apartment photos the other day. I am a nester supreme. I spend a lot of time arranging and moving and tidying in out place, and it felt good to know that so many of you liked what you saw. Thank you for your kind words. A few people posted questions about the apartment that I was unable to answer through e-mail (drats, Blogger!) so...
The shelf above the bed is from West Elm.
The whitish paint in the living room and dining area is Southern Shadow by Glidden.
The three heads of garlic on the kitchen cabinet are not hanging out there just because they look cute (but now that I look back at 'em, they are kinda cute, no?). I use garlic all the time in the kitchen. This week, I used first it in my version of a spicy ragu (using turkey sausage in place of beef) over penne and later in sauteed beet greens with toasted pinenuts and currants.
The Case Study Bed was wedding gift from my parents, and the eggplant-colored quilt on top of it was purchased years ago at a department store. (Maditi, who commented on these, was sweet enough to feature photos of our place on one of her blogs, maditi likes).
And photos of my new work space are coming soon.
Thanks again.

15 comments:

amandajean said...

hurray for sulu-design's debut in Portland! best of luck to you there. and your apartment photos have still got me drooling. :)

erin said...

congrats on sulu-design's newest customer! hooray for you!

Mom said...

Congratulations Suzy!!

Went on Tumbleweed Boutique's website and it looks like the perfect place for sulu-designs to debut! I will keep checking their site to see when they add your name to the lines of jewelry they feature!

And good luck in approaching the other shops that I am sure will also be happy to carry your beautiful jewelry! Love, Mom

kat said...

congrats on your debut in Portland. I'm sure it's the first of many stores begging to carry your beautiful wares.

I just got my earrings today and I am wearing them as I type! I LOVE them!

You are too sweet to put another pair in my purchase! I love the blue beads! Can you be any nicer??
Thanks again!

fanja said...

Congratulations on your debut in Portland! and the pics of your flat are great indeed x

Lynn said...

Congratulations on your Portland debut!!

Holly said...

WOW - that is so exciting!! you rock for already getting your stuff out to the lucky Portland peeps!

luv Abby said...

wow susan thats sooo exciting... well done
luv Abby

Robyn said...

Susan, that is so wonderful! I new it was only a matter of time. :0)

Bitterbetty said...

Fantastic!

They are lucky to be able to carry your stuff. First store of many I am sure!

Lesley said...

Yay! That's great news! Congrats!

ambika said...

I *loved* this shop more than any other in Portland--and we hit up a *lot* when we're down there. I'm thrilled you're being carried by them--I'll have to look for them when I'm there next!

abbyjane said...

Congratulations! The shop sounds awesome and now you are off and running in Portland stores.

maditi said...

congrats on your debut!!
and thanks for letting me post your inspiring pics :)

amisha said...

congrats on the new shop!! so exciting. you have taken over both coasts! :)
xo