9.20.2007

Noun and List

I've mentioned here before that I love coincidences. Way too much. So you can imagine how excited I was to find out that Stephanie, the friendly owner of Noun on SE Belmont (the most recent Portland shop to carry sulu-design earrings as of yesterday!), is originally from Ohio, too. My dad will be especially pleased to hear that she grew up in Geneva and worked at Eddie's Grill, a favorite spot of his. Noun is my kind of shop, full of lots of vintage furniture and knick knacks, great glass pieces, and a nicely edited selection of handmade goods. Oh, yeah, the Saint Cupcake counter in the back ain't so shabby, either.

And in other sulu-related news, I've decided to start a mailing list for my etsy customers who are interested in getting a heads up about my shop updates. Thanks to Maritza for the great idea (by the way, have you seen the amazing softies in her shop recently?). I had been mentioning shop updates here on my blog, and will probably continue to do so, but I neglected to mention one that I did earlier this week (several earrings are still available from it here) and think that a mailing list might work a bit better. If you're interested, send me an e-mail at sulu-design@hotmail.com with "shop update mailing list" in the subject line, and I'll add your name to the list. Thanks. Now, bring on the weekend.

12 comments:

erin said...

i love the small side of the world. congrats on having your designs in another great store.

Robyn said...

That sounds like a really great shop! So glad that worked out. And I love coincidences, too.

kat said...

congrats on another store~!
one day... how many more to go??
Happy weekend!

Chickenbells said...

Wonderful for you making your mark in your new city! Oh, I wish I could come visit...I need a day-trip to Powells.

amandajean said...

good for your for getting your earrings in yet another shop! wow, woman, you are really making your mark out there already. and I love the coincidence...how fun.

Noun's card is stinkin' adorable and clever. impressive. I bet the store is wonderful.

andrea (scout) said...

ummm, can i tell you how wonderful this is?

because noun is literally TWO blocks from my apartment. instant earring gratification. you will be in grand company, my dear; they carry only the best jewelery lines. i think a future cupcake rendezvous might be in order. :)

The Lenart's said...

Conquering the World one store at the time. :) I love coincidences too. And the world is way too small. I know about Geneva and Eddie's Grill. Have to go there every time we are visiting Andy's parents.
I am crossing fingers that your mail arrives tomorrow. I need some new earrings for the weekend.

maritza said...

Wow, if their card is anything to go by, I'll bet the shop is just fantastic. I love that design. Very cool! And congrats on one more fabulous shop carrying your designs. Woohoo!

Also, thanks for the mention. :)

picperfic said...

you are doing so well with your jewelry...hard work pays off!

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

If the store is half as cool as the font/ design on their business card, well next time I'm in Portland...well I'd get in touch with you too.

Erin said...

Way to go Susan! When are you going to start selling your earrings in Canadian shops?!

andrea said...

oh susan! I love noun! in fact, belmont was the first portland street we explored... when we were out here in january checking the city out, trying to decide if we were going to move or not.

so great that your earrings are going to be there...! which now gives me the official excuse to visit noun. and buy some cupcakes. ha, like I need an excuse. :)