8.04.2007

Tag Death

Because Abby has herself one lovely, crafty blog, and because she's been so sweet to me, I will do my part and play along with the blog game in which she tagged me. That is, I will play - to an extent. Here goes, eight facts about me:
1. I refuse to rent an apartment with carpet.
2. I am highly annoyed by vanity license plates.
3. I (along with my brother) ate the same brown bag lunch every day for practically twelve years - half of a peanut butter sandwich, a pre-peeled orange, and a container of milk (purchased at school with a quarter that was lovingly taped to the inside of said brown bag by my mother). If my brother and I were lucky, there would be a Hostess Ho-Ho in there, too.
4. I get way too psyched by coincidences. The stupidest ones.
5. I have worn my hair very long since college in order to get over the many years during which my mother gave me the Dorthy Hamill.
6. I wore braces on my teeth for five years and had to attend speech therapy to correct some raging lisp issues because of my funky orthodontia problems. Therapy took place in a little mobile classroom parked at the edge of my school's parking lot. I had to leave class in the middle of the day and walk out there, often through snow and rain. That didn't make me feel like a freak or anything...
7. I never post the rules to blog tag games.
8. I never tag bloggers to continue playing. I let blog games die slow, painful deaths.

21 comments:

kat said...

oh was that so hard? :0
I love reading more about you and other bloggers :)

erin said...

i am not a fan of carpet either.

The Lenart's said...

This was very funny. I think you need to do more of them. :)
I haven't done any of these yet. I just can think of anything weird or unusual about me that people wouldn't already know. ~Ursa

Nadia said...

Yay! Lispers of the world, unite!

amandajean said...

again, you are one funny chica. It's always nice to read more about you, so thank you for playing the tag game.

interesting fact #1...this must narrow your choices significantly?!

A Fanciful Twist said...

Hahahahaha, you are too funny! Nahhh, I don't think trecking through the snow and sleet and rain and hail made youfeel like a freak or anything... I had a smiliar world... hehehe... xoxoxox

mia said...

so *that's* what went on in that trailer.

Erin said...

Hardwood floor or tile is a must for me too! I love learning all this stuff about you!

//FINE LITTLE DAY// said...

Nice to get to know you more :)

luv Abby said...

Awesome!!!
I agree with the carpet thing... they are so gross...
WELL DONE
luv Abby

Bonnie said...

Carpets seem to be all over in the PWN--in Boston, hardwood was favored but up here in Seattle even the super fancy places have carpet!

Was it really the same lunch--because I recall P having SUGAR on his PB sandwiches ;) And one of the best things about coming over to your house was the frozen ho-hos. Guess they wouldn't stay frozen in a school lunch though.

Wendee said...

Another Dorthy Hamill victim! I was also traumatized by this cut! At least when I was in second grade I got to grow it out into a "Tennille"...

ambika said...

Ah, Susan! I didn't tag anyone either--and how funny that this has gone from 5 to 7 to 8.

I also went to speech therapy classes (how's that for a funny coincidence) that were in the basement of our ancient, totally not earthquake-safe school that was torn down & replaced 20 years ago. I *hated* it, especially on the afternoons when we had fun activities like 'studying' mealworms.

Robyn said...

carpet = gross and do you ever eat a peanut butter sandwich, orange, etc. now for nostalgia's sake? I had to wear a patch for a little bit in school, I didn't feel like a freak either :0) ( I was still in elementary, though, so it wasn't quite so bad I guess). I like coinky dinks (coincidences), too. by the way, you crack me up. :0)

Anonymous said...

Dear Suzy,

I don't remember ever running out of HoHos because I kept boxes of them in the freezer and put one in each lunch bag!

I had to switch to just peanut butter sandwiches as Peter did not like the salmi sandwiches because by lunch time he said they were "sweaty". I peeled the oranges so they were ready to eat.

And now for the braces - I just got mine off a couple of months ago and now have to wear my retainers at night. I lisped for almost 2 years and so can identify with you - also had to wear the rubberbands and still come across one of those occasionally. (Did not wear braces for vanity but because of TMJ)!

Have a great week! Love, Mom

Lesley said...

heehee! loved reading this. my mum also gave me a horror haircut (with a slanted fringe) when all I wanted was long hair. You should definitely do more of these!! :-D

Jamie Welsh said...

I loved reading this post! Even more wonderful to then read your Mom's hilarious and typically, lovingly, "MOM" comment.

amisha said...

in total agreement with #1... once i experienced my first blissful wood-floor apartment in undergrad there is no going back.
xo

Connie said...

haha! way to kill that meme!

|chee-uh| said...

Hey freak! Just kidding. Now that you are on my side of the country, let's get together sometime this year! I've never been to Portland or anything north of SF to be honest.
Thank you for the nice comment by the way. I will start blogging again once I've gotten my life together. I wouldn't have anything except depressing stuff to write right now anyway.

Elaine said...

OOOPs! I didn't see that you were already tagged. I tagged you too. Should I untag you or let it stand? What is the protocol for blog chain letters? I admit to not knowing.