8.02.2007

Laidover

How do you keep yourself entertained when you're on a cross-country flight with three legs, each of which is delayed? If you're me, you read Dwell and Domino and get super amped about the apartment decorating that lies ahead of you (after you find an apartment, that is). Then, you resort to taking photos from your seat.


Finally, it dawns on you that you have a few pairs of new sulu-design earrings in your carry-on bag. So you dig around in the seat pocket in front of you, find the somewhat cutely illustrated emergency evacuation card (the barf bag just wasn't inspiring), and start snapping away. And when you finally get to Portland, you post the earrings in your etsy shop. Photos below are direct links to the etsy listings.







A couple other popular pairs made their way into the shop, too. Please pardon the inconsistent lighting. It's tough to control your light source when you're flying over the Midwest, you know.
Serious apartment hunting is consuming my days here, but I'm loving it. I hope to be able to catch up with you soon. Thanks for the wonderfully supportive comments recently. I miss having the time to devour your blogs, but hope to be back in action in a few days. Until then...

21 comments:

traci said...

you are far too adorable for words! i love the backdrop. a new nest is indeed inspiring.

Chickenbells said...

How fun...and creative to boot! I love the jewelry on the plane backgrounds...I hope you find that new space soon...

Ashley said...

Mmmm, red and blue! I couldn't resist :)

I'm keeping my finger crossed for you on your apartment hunting! Hope you find a place with lots of Domino-esque potential.

laundrygirl said...

Great lighthearted jewels! You are so cute!

marilyn said...

Sounds like it was a long trip. I'm glad you arrived safe and sound. The jewelry is great, love the color combinations. Good luck with the apartment hunting!

liz elayne said...

i was NOT quick enough to nab those red ones...
but...
WELCOME TO THE NORTHWEST!!!

can't wait to hopefully connect with you at crafty wonderland on the 12th!

i love, love how you started taking pictures. the straw made me crack up...love the color!

shari said...

cute new earrings! enjoy the apt. hunting. xo

erin said...

so you take photos of earrings, i take photos of upside down kids! they all look lovely susan - really very pretty.

good luck house hunting. and i love that decorating dreaming stage - it is so fun to think of all you can do once you have your new place. can't wait to hear that you found it!

kat said...

Is that a dunkin donut straw? :)

I'll be hoping you find a wonderful apartment to settle down in. I'm sure you will :)

Lovely earrings as always!

Robyn said...

those earrings really are beautiful! It seems a bit different, but the same and I like it. and what is with these delays? Can't wait to see the apartment.

LeeAnn said...

Good luck with the apartment hunting! I love how you can be inspired by the most common of objects. I am also glad you refrained from the barf bag. Not a very appealing earing!

maritza said...

Love the artful seat photos - that straw shot is so cool.
And I love the new earrings - especially the ones with that rectangular blue bead that almost looks like a little Chiclet.
Also, have you picked up a copy of Blueprint yet? What do you think of it?

Rachel said...

I was going to say that you've got good light there--I've seen bad lighting...I've done bad lighting and that's not too bad at all. =)

Happy hunting!!

Wende said...

Happy house hunting! I'm headed into Portland tomorrow and I'll be thinking about you!

ELizabeth said...

Love the plane backdrop, very retro-looking. And all the earings are great!

Jamie Welsh said...

I really admire your creativity!

Erin said...

You seriously are one amazing person! I love that you took those photos on the plane, not caring what the other people around you were thinking! However, I bet you got a few strange looks. :o)

Good luck house/apartment hunting. Decorating is so fun isn't it?!

amandajean said...

my word, woman, you are just too funny! your post made me laugh.

good luck with the apartment hunt! (I don't envy you...)

picperfic said...

love that you don;t forward blog tagging...I don'y always either....love your creative earing shoot too! Good luck with your homehunt!

Lesley said...

blimey! you never cease to amaze me! those photos are brilliant! hope you find a place very soon.

Susy said...

I hadn't seen your work yet, but I found it through the LALA dex blog....it's loooovely!

When I read more, I found that in the same time you are moving from NYC, I am moving TO NYC from Boston...and asking myself if I should postpone putting up new work. Anyway, your photos are lovely, too, and thanks for a GREAT read. ::Susy