7.05.2007

Sweet Swedes (and Other Swell Stuff)

Recently, I've been loving the fresh photos and simple posts of a few design-y bloggers who reside in Sweden. Since I've been bogged down with packing (yep, it's really happening - and soon), there has been no jewelry-making going on here, so I thought I'd pass along a links to these fun spots. Warning - serious eye candy abounds:

I swear that I'm not biased by the fact that these ladies have been sweet enough to feature some of my work on their blogs (check out sulu-designs features at fine little day, happy silly, lazy days, and leibling allsorts). Okay... maybe I'm a little biased. Apparently flattery will get you somewhere with me. If only I knew I'd find so much affirmation in Sweden. I would have moved there in junior high and saved myself a lot of heartache and my mother a lot of teenage angst.
I've also been meaning to mention to two jewelry-related blogs that I visit frequently. Check out Kait's work at tether - she's not only a skilled jewelry-maker but also has quite a way with words. And then jump over to Mollie's blog, into the deep. Mollie's work influenced my decision (little did she know - I mean, we haven't officially met or anything) to start designing and selling my jewelry three years ago. I first saw her earrings at Sodafine and fell in love. I've been following her work ever since.


Now, back to packing. And the bus? Totally random. I just can't post without a photo...

P.S. Anyone who uses the new version of blogger and knows how to deal with the random formatting that it imposes on text (as in double-spacing the first section of text above and single-spacing the remainder), your help would be greatly appreciated. I'm not looking to mess with html, but if you've got other advice that would help me keep the spacing consistent, I'd love to hear it. My little anal-retentive self can't stand the lack of uniformity! Thanks in advance.
EDIT: Thanks to Maritza who e-mailed me some great advice - simply highlighting all of the text and clicking on the left justify icon in the compose mode single-spaced everything for me. Who knew it would be so easy? You've saved me some serious nail-biting, Maritza. Thanks. Now the question is, am I anal-retentive enough to go back and edit countless numbers of posts to get consistent spacing? Anal-retentive enough? Yes. Time on my hands (we're starting our drive across the country tomorrow)? No.

15 comments:

mariss said...

Tell me about it! Blogger drives me crazy with their spacing and formatting...but I'm not ready for typepad yet (which seems wonderful).

Good luck packing!

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

I am cursing your good name even before I click on any of the Swedish blog links (what is it with that country?), I'm trying so hard to streamline because I don't want to suddenly have 100 blogs on my Bloglines.

OOH, that spacing! I justbhave to let some things go, but it really naggs at me.

rebecca said...

I just wanted to let you know that I got the Maple Leaf dangly earrings today! I put them in immediately, and absolutely LOVE them. Thank you so much for sending them so quickly. I already commented on Etsy. Thank you thank you thank you!

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

I know I can't spell, but what the heck is JUSTBHAVE? I meant to say~ I just have to let some things go (like being anal about misspelling on your comments)

Chickenbells said...

I have been trying to get the courage up to move over to wordpress...actually I have moved a bit of the blog over, but have no program to shrink my pictures, and they don't do that with their program...but it is better by far...

kait said...

Thanks for the mention (blush)! Good luck with the packing. For me it's always the anticipation of getting to UNpack everything and fuss with everything in a new space that gets me through the packing....

erin said...

waiting to check out those links until morning when i have a lot of time and a cup of coffee - knowing your taste, they will be just lovely.

Alison said...

why WHY does it do that double space?

Mom said...

Suzy,
How could you possibly think moving to Sweden in your junior high would have saved me teenage ANGST??? That would have magnified it a thousand times over, actually I would have had to follow you to Sweden! (And I don't really remember any angst, I had already experienced the teen years with Maryanne and Peter).

I'm almost ready to follow you to Portland - don't worry just kidding! We miss you and Barry already and you haven't even left yet. Love always, Mom

Connie said...

good luck with the packing Susan!

kat said...

So happy you figured it out! Those kinds of things bug me too! But your posts always look great!

Wishing you the very best in starting your adventures! Have fun tomorrow starting off! All my best, kristen

maditi said...

we seem to have the same taste and timing :))
thanks for even more scandiniavian blog beauty!!

sara said...

Sweet Susan, thanks for mention me here. Happy if I can make someone happy with my blog...

liebling said...

oh thanks for your sweet words!
right back at you!

//FINE LITTLE DAY// said...

Thanks from me too Susan. Your earrings (the pink ones) was dangle in my daughters ears today. She likes them just as much as I do :)