6.19.2007

This Tuesday Life is Good 'Cause...

~ There are 38 new sulu-design earrings at JetSet in Richmond (and there's a fabulous new top in my closet from JetSet, too. Nice how that works, right?)

~ Barry had an awesome finish in his race this weekend, and might even be able to convince me to do a little more trail running with him, based on all the fun he had with this one. Big congratulations to my cousin, Bonnie, who also had a fabulous finish in her race (way over on her side of the continent) this weekend, too.

~I said it before, I'll say it again. Mike and Judy are the coolest in-laws a girl could hope for, and spending a weekend at their house is always a great time. After a visit there, I return to work a thoroughly refreshed woman. My students thank you.

~ I have sweet blog buddies like Robyn who send me goodies when life gets rough:


I swear that I wasn't dropping hints when I raved about this cuff that she was putting in her etsy shop, but I can't say that I'm sorry I did so. Ain't it cute? Check out the handmade card - one of two that she sent.


And these beads! Each pair came individually wrapped in a cute little fabric pouch tied with matching ribbon. I can't wait to work with them. She also sent along an additional package of beads and a lovely-smelling sachet. Thank you, Robyn, for being such a consistently thoughtful friend.

~ I have a knitting friend - yes, some people in my knitting group actually insist on knitting at our meet ups... okay, not some people, just Helen - who pays close attention to things I mention in my blog and she made me the perfect black, white, and red goodies for my kitchen:


~ My uber impressive brother-in-law, Tony, was quoted in the New York Times today in an article about efforts to save a Marcel Breuer building in Cleveland that is slated to be demolished. Always fighting the good fight, that Tony!

~ Six days and counting until the last day of school, which will coincide with a major update to the sulu-design etsy shop.

~ Another sulu-design giveaway is in the works. I had way too much fun with the last one, so I'm planning another one right around the corner. Stay tuned. Meanwhile, these guys are on their merry way to Erin:


I hope you had an unexpectedly fabulous Tuesday. May your Wedsnedays rock!

18 comments:

Bonnie said...

:)

I bet Barry would love this race: http://www.ramble.org/. Have always wanted to run that one, but the other side of the continent thing is a big barrier now.

Beth H said...

What great goodies all around. Erin is lucky too! I guess it's just a pleasant pay back for all the sweet things she said about you!

Chickenbells said...

That is a lovely Tuesday! Mine wiped me out, and I am barely awake (it's only 7:25) yikes! It sounds like a wonderful weekend...I loved my inlaws too, it's so nice to have lucked out isn't it?

Sonya said...

Those dish cloths are the best! Knitters who knit, how'd ya like that?

LeeAnn said...

This was a very fun, upbeat entry! So many good things. What a way to start the week!

picperfic said...

those earings are so lovely...I like the earclips, they look safe and secure, the colour of the metal is lovely too!

Wende said...

This Tuesday was great! We had sun and I found coolio thrifty things to put in the store. Here's to a productive tomorrow. :D

Erin said...

Woo Hoo, I can feel your energy. Glad you feel refreshed and so happy your tuesday was great. For a second there I thought those earrings were for me, my name being Erin and all, but then I clicked on the name. At least an Erin won them. Way to go Erin, they will look awesome on you!!

I hope your Wednesday "ROCKS". :o)

Gypsy Purple said...

Thanks for visiting and leaving the comment about Vanessa, from afancifultwist....you`re right...I love her blog and her humour!!!!!

kat said...

Here's to a super Wednesday and a happy Summer! So glad you have such support in your family and friends. Makes all the difference in the world!

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

lists of good things happen to good people

erin said...

what a great day! i love the goodies Robyn sent you - those carnelian beads look very similar to the ones my friend Suzanne used in her craft swap necklaces. sounds like you had a good weekend - congrats to Barry on his race finish. and thanks again for the earrings. i am so excited to wear them!

Funky Finds said...

i love jetset's site...wish i could visit in person! thanks for all your lovely comments you post! :)

Robyn said...

Man, that sounds like some seriously good stuff going on. I'm glad Barry did so well in his race. I'd love to hear about you running one! And together? I think that would be pretty neat. Here's hoping the last six days of school go by quickly, smoothly and with wonderful memories to hold. :0)

//FINE LITTLE DAY// said...

Your kitchen looks great!

Melissa said...

you missed the renegade craft fair this weekend...there was this awesome booth of guys from ohio who had super cool t's. Check them out:
http://www.wearecampfire.com

I think I'm gonna get me a City of Motors shirt.

amandajean said...

that sounds like a good Tuesday! I love seeing glimpses of your apartment...it looks lovely.

OfTroy said...

But I was being greedy! I wanted some of YOUR earings (for Sonya!)

Everyone made out.. YOU got potholders, I got a gift (to give) and Sonya got a gift (earings!)