6.11.2007

Something Old, Something New...

so what if nothing's borrowed, nothing's blue. That's my excuse - it was a wedding that brought me to the bead shop in the midst of my recent self-imposed bead fast. My ridiculously cute friend Sandra got hitched last weekend, and asked me to design the earrings to wear with her oh-so-fabulous dress (check out style #7 and fabric seen in #5 in summer 2007 here). So you see, I had to swing by ye olde bead shoppe to pick out the perfect beads to compliment her dress (and can you blame me for picking up a few strands of beads that I ran out of and have been dying to work with again while I was there?). For Sandra, I ended up going with something pretty atypical for me - faceted mother of pearl beads. But I must say, we both were pretty darn pleased with the results. With the remaining beads from the strand used for Sandra's earrings, I made these - the something new part of this post - which are in the sulu-design etsy shop now (click on images for direct links to their listings):



And in order to make room for them (it's getting a little crowded in the shop - more than two pages of items is too much, I say) I've put several older pieces - get it... the something old - on sale. They include, but are not limited to, these:



Congratulations and best wishes to Sandra and Marc,
and a happy week to you all.

10 comments:

Rachel S. said...

That dress is gorgeous! So is your wedding jewelry!!
Off to your esty store!

picperfic said...

thanks for visiting my blog...how did you come to find mine? I remember visiting your site before, did i leave a comment? Your blog is great and your creations are so beautiful...I am sorely tempted by that last pair of earings, love the square roundness of them!

Erin said...

What no pictures of you modeling your earrings?! As usual they are gorgeous Susan!

Gypsy Purple said...

Thanks for visiting...love what you are doing!!!

Lesley said...

How lovely that you made them for her. It makes the wedding day all the more personal doesn't it.

erin said...

ooh! i love the something new!

kat said...

Just lovely. How lucky of her to know you + for you to be part of her special day. Beautiful.

Chickenbells said...

Certainly a medley of true beauties!

Robyn said...

I love the earrings and those dresses by Meg are just amazing!

amandajean said...

that is a great excuse to have to visit the bead store!