5.21.2007

Week in Review in Photos

You can tell that I've had a busy week when most of my posts are of the Original Intent variety. I dedicate time to jewelry-making no matter what insanity may be going on in my life, so I've always got Original Intent pieces ready and waiting to be posted. 'Cause when things get hectic and I'm pressed for time, I just can't go through my other routine of composing and editing (and editing, and editing) non-Original Intent blog posts. It's insane how many times I read a post before I publish it, making the most miniscule revisions.
Anyhow, I've found myself with a few extra moments this evening, so I thought I'd dig up some pictures that I've recently taken that I won't be translated into O.I. pairings (I've alrady got a truckload of those ready and waiting - brace yourself, dear blog friends). Just a few of the places that I've spent time enjoying life in the past week or so:



my third grade class trip to Shea Stadium to see the Mets vs. the Cubs




dinner at Union Picnic in Williamsburg -
I can't get enough of their southern cooking and the fabulous interior



Royal Oak, just across the street from Union Picnic,
for a drinks with friends and fantastic atmosphere

I have been enjoying quite a bit of time outdoors at a few New York City races, too. Since a couple of you asked, Barry was the one who ran the Brooklyn half-marathon (as seen in yesterday's post), but it took place over a month ago. I had to put the starting line photo on hold in order to get those Texas Original Intent pieces posted. This weekend, Barry competed in a duathalon (5K run, 20 mile bike ride, 5K run) in Queens, and kicked bootie. I, on the other hand, can go six miles before I keel over...

22 comments:

Jeff and LeeAnn said...

I am going to draw inspiration from the photo of the red horse hooves. I love the colors.

rachel s. said...

I just love your photography!

Won't you consider doing O.I. pairings with these? =)

feli said...

wow...fantasic pictures. I like the way how you see things. :*)

Sonya said...

Wow, those stadium photos are amazing. And speaking of amazing, I received a little package in the mail today...

amandajean said...

wow

wow

wow

I love your photos!

super

wow

(I could go on...)

Lynn said...

Your photos are beautiful, and I am so excited by baseball season! Next time I go I'll have to rethink how I take photos...

Robyn said...

The stadium seats and diner stools are just fabulous. So are the others, but those are right up my alley.

Wende said...

Loving the photos, Susan. That photo of the diner--with the red and blue...looks familiar. Heh. ;)

Lesley said...

You take such beautiful photos. I love the ones of the diner. So much character!

Elisabeth Dunker said...

These are lovley photos. You´re so good at finding connections between color and form, very inspiring. Thanks for your nice comment on my blog yesterday.

Connie said...

Susan, this photos are just amazing, I especially love the blue & white stools and the red stadium seat {why am i drawn to chairs all of a sudden?} i'm glad you had some extra moments in your busy day and i'm super glad you decided to use those moments to post these great pictures! does school wrap up soon?

kat said...

Just super photos Susan! Your eye for composition + colour is spot on. I'm always impressed!

six miles! I'm impressed.

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

At some point I wanted to make the statement on my blog for all the people who don't have a blog- these posts take at least an hour to compose. I am like you, read, re-read, mull over a single word, re-write, post, edit, etc.
Congratulations on your husband's accomplishments! I did 1 half marathon + decided that 10k's are more my thing.
Congratulations to you as well, I just can't get over your photographing progress from when you first started this blog + had to work through lighting issues (of course winter is a bear on a full time worker + natural light).

mariss said...

Congrats to your husband! That's an amazing feat. (However, six miles is still pretty impressive too!)

I'm smiling thinking of how excited the third graders must have been!

And am loving the repetition in the stools and the stadium seats. Keep up the lovely work.

Maditi said...

the photos of your class trip look fabulous !!
and I love the interior at union picnic - would be perfect for taking polaroids :)

MB said...

wow! I love these stadium photos....have you ever thought about selling your pics? My BF is a rabid mets fan and his birthday is coming up. Would you be open to me purchasing some photos?

Chickenbells said...

Yeah...I don't run. I wouldn't even run for my life...no use getting all worked up just to later be killed (I always say) The pictures are amazing...as always...

ambika said...

Can't wait to see what comes from these. Especially the red & green of that horse's hoof and the dark, woody interior of the last pic. Lovely photos.

erin said...

you've got me beat - i can only run about four....

the photos are fabulous - i especially like the one of the stadium seats.

Erin said...

Fantastic photos Susan. You really have an eye for photography. Glad you had a great weekend!

maritza said...

Your photography is amazing! You've got such a great eye for composition. I love the photos you took at Union Picnic - those colors are so rich. I am loving the red and teal/lt.blue combo big time lately, so those shots particularly appeal to me. Beautiful stuff, as always!

maritza said...

P.S. - Congratulations to Barry!