5.22.2007

Many Happy Returns

I've been busy making rounds to a couple of my favorite local shops that carry sulu-design items. Sodafine now has a dozen new sulu-design on hand, and Flirt's two locations have sixty-five new pairs between them. Whew! Aside from the fact that I love chatting with the owners of the shops (hello, real-life role models) and that I get to check out all of the amazing clothing, shoes, and accessories that they carry, I like making these little drop-offs for the most backward reason: the returns. Usually, when I drop off a new batch of earrings, I end up taking back two or three pairs of earrings that didn't sell in the shop. Oddly enough, they are often earrings that are of style or made with a bead that was a huge hit in my etsy shop. Such was the case earlier this week, when two blasts from the past found their way back to me and into the shop. Remember these?


(click images for etsy listing)

Today's visit to Flirt was extra fun, as Patti, one of the owners, filled me in on the details of their new space, Home Ec on Third Avenue in Park Slope, Brooklyn, that the Flirt girls have acquired in order to host crafting workshops, children's classes, private lessons, and open studio time. Currently, they're offering build-a-bag sessions - you make and take a lined tote - and several more projects are in the works. If you're interested, contact them at flirtbrooklyn@earthlink.net.

7 comments:

Chickenbells said...

I just adore my fishy jewelry I have from you...it's too fun to wear!

feli said...

I love the fishies. are they made of plastic ro resins?

Nadia said...

Are you reading my mind? I just posted about building a monochromatic wardrobe and then you post the fishies! I wasn't around when these came around the first time and I'm so glad to be able to snatch them up now.

Today is my Birthday Eve and this just makes me day!

erin said...

ah, the fish! love my fish bracelet...

home ec sounds cool! wish i were closer to brooklyn.

kat said...

Being a handbag freak... I would love to make a go at making my own handbag! I wish them much success.

You are so prolific! Congrats on all your successes with the stores + your etsy store.

Rachel De Nys said...

Those fish beads are awesome. Do you find stuff like that at flea markets or antique stores? Glad to be getting a gander at more of your work--the stuff I saw on Sat. was really impressive.

amandajean said...

65 new pairs at Flirt? wow...where do you find the time to make them all?

that is odd that Etsy and the stores sell the opposite things, but hey, at least it works out for you!

the make and take tote bag things sounds like a lot of fun. are you going to try it?