5.16.2007

KnitSonya... KniceSonya

I was introduced to the blog SONYAKNITS by a woman in my knitting group who thought that the photos that Sonya posts would be right up my alley. She was oh-so right. Since my first visit to her blog, I've been hooked on Sonya's amazing photography as well as her sense of humor and observant remarks. And, what admire most in a good blogger, she knows how to be concise (I'm tryin' myself, guys, I'm really tryin')! A little commenting back and forth on one another's blogs and... well, one thing led to another, and here I am, the lucky recipient of a special little package.

How freakin' cute is this card?!?
It's sewn around the edges.

No, she didn't send ice cream - but isn't this an adorable box?

Seeing a few of my previous posts on earrings that I've made - some from vintage buttons and some from not-previously-loved buttons - the darling Sonya dug through her stash and found several buttons with hole configurations that are just right for my needs. Among many others, she sent:

Being the fake-o knitter that I am, I brought the buttons and my jewelry tools with me to the knitting meet-up last night (I can't remember the last time that I brought yarn and needles there) and made these:

And this is just the beginning! I'm in button heaven, thanks to Sonya.

16 comments:

Erin said...

Very nice gifts Susan. You lucky gal! The earrings you made with the buttons are awesome, as usual!

Ashley said...

Lovely! What a treasure trove. Love the bloggy connectedness!

Nadia said...

I love the smokey glass earrings; they remind me of the buttons on opera length gloves.

Wende said...

Oh, always so good to find a kindred spirit... and what she sent is lovely.

Sonya said...

When I opened up your post on bloglines (which really does change your life) I had a sudden episode of blog disassociation. It says Sulu Designs, but what's a card from Tiel doing here and hey that's my name!

I've recovered. Your welcome. Blogging serendipity, that's what it's all about.

amandajean said...

you are a lucky girl to get such lovely buttons from Sonya. LOVE the earrings you made from them. the are fab!

that card is awesome. love the color...and the stitching.

KSV said...

Lucky you! I am loving the whole package, but I am really LOVING the blue earrings. I was going to tell you that I tagged you, but you read my blog before I could let you know!! Lovely earrings. I wish I had enough time to really work on somethings.

OfTroy said...

KnitSonya, Knice Sonya

she is, isn't she? (i am Mr.KnitSoyna mom, (aka the MIL) and i am the luckiest.)

I love sonya, and have learned to know and love her more, in the reflections..in her blog and through the lens of Susan's blog.

(and i love those chunky rock crystal like earing... can you save a pair for me?)

you might not be knitting with tangelible yarn, susan, but you are knitting.

Robyn said...

Those earrings are beautiful! I especially loe those blue ones!

Chickenbells said...

Oh how lovely...don't you just love good mail?

Lesley said...

That's so sweet of Sonya and I love what you did with the buttons.

kat said...

Fabulous! They came out so great.
You are so very lucky :) I am always impressed with your talent.

erin said...

i love the generosity of bloggers! looks like you received some lovely goods, susan!

Crystal said...

Oh, I love the blue button earrings. How cute! I think I may have some buttons of this style in my collection... hmmmmm.

ambika said...

Lucky, lucky you! Beautiful buttons and even more gorgeous earrings. Especially those chunky lucite/crystal ones.

kristin said...

this blogging world just links us all...i'm coming here from Sonya's site myself and didn't make the connection immediately...but i purchased one of your GORGEOUS necklaces (back on May 2...and randomly landed on your Etsy site) and didn't even know you have a blog. how fun to "see" you work.

i lovelovelove my necklace by-the-way :)...the little "hot tomale" (as one guy friend refers to it) with the brass ring at the bottom. :)