4.25.2007

Tyra Made

As I mentioned in a recent post, just nine months ago I rarely checked my e-mail and I almost never used the internet for anything other than work. At that time, I never would have guessed that I'd be at the point I'm at currently. I'm guilty of using the computer a little too often now - in fact, I'm on the verge of imposing some time rules on my home computer use (are you psyched, Barry?) - and I've done something else that I honestly never thought I'd do. I've gone and met yet another internet friend in person. Not only am I still alive to blog about it (I always love it when internet friends turn out not to be murderers, you know), but I had a great time this afternoon connecting with my new pal, Tyra.
Several months ago, Tyra contacted me through my etsy shop. Turns out that she, too, is a jewelry designer and she is a New York City teacher. She's even taught in the Bronx! How's that for having things in common? We've been e-mailing (or "convo-ing," as they say in etsy speak... but I don't like etsy speak) back and forth for a while and finally decided to meet up in person. We got together at Settepani, a cute cafe in Harlem, and chatted on and on about school, NYC, jewelry-making, etsy... it's so nice to have easy conversation with someone you can relate to so well.
Anway, Tyra was wearing a fabulous pair of earrings that, of course, she made, and I'd be sharing a photo of them with you now had I stopped yapping away for a moment of our time together and taken a picture of them. I mean, I brought my camera and all, but get me talking and... well, since I didn't remember to take a photo, you'll have to go to her etsy shop, tyra made, to check her earrings out. And while you're there, you can take advantage of some serious sales she's posted, including my favorites, here. Thanks, Tyra, for a fun afternoon.
And thanks to all of you who have been leaving such sweet comments recently. You've really helped me keep my chin up through a pretty hectic week. Be well!

7 comments:

tyramade said...

Thanks to you too, sulu. I felt like crying when I saw your blog about meeting me. I'm gonna wear the earrings you gave me to my intv tomorrow(don't take that the wrong way; I'm just really touched :-) As I'm writing this, I'm knee deep in blog research and thinking about where to start with my own.

Oh, email me your address so that I can send you a pair of tyramades (it's only fair). Take care and I will be in touch.

Chickenbells said...

How lovely...I have met a few fellow local bloggers myself, and it has been such a fun experience! YAY for new friends!!

kat said...

It is nice to know that other bloggers aren't crazy nutjobs huh :) I just met a blogger friend Friday night. Yea for meeting new people :)

erin said...

It sounds like the two of you had a wonderful afternoon. It's always nice to make new friends!

amandajean said...

what hits me after reading this post...you, a jewelry etsy seller putting in a plug for another jewerly etsy seller. It speaks volumes of how wonderful a person you are.

LeeAnn said...

I think tyramade should start her blog soon. I jumped on over to her site and had a fun look around. I just love looking at jewlrey!

F.M. said...

Yeah! Your story shows that bloggers can connect beyond the bogged-down world of electronic communiqu├ęs!