4.21.2007

Spring Fights Back

All morning, a pale grey bird has been busy at our bedroom window, taking dried stems from our window box and weaving them into a nest, right next to the flower box. I'm looking forward to a new little family moving in. And I've been a busy bird, too, keeping an eye on her and her progress as I've been taking care of a bunch of sulu-design business myself. Tags have been stamped and punched with holes. The fifty-six pairs of earrings that I made on rash day have been put on tags, photographed, and shuffled into place: a box to be sent to JetSet, my on-hand stock box, and the sulu-design etsy shop. I've added a bunch of pieces to the shop this morning and will be adding several more throughout the week. For the next couple of days, I'll be posting photos and links to the results of that itchy day. Starting with these (click on the photos for direct links to the etsy listing for each pair):



and a similar pair, with three green beads and antiqued brass, here

Have a wondreful day, all. It's absolutely gorgeous outside in New York City today, so I'm off to soak up some of this much-needed beautiful weather. Enjoy.

11 comments:

erin said...

if i didn't just buy some green earrings from you, i'd scoop those up! they are all lovely susan. enjoy the nice weather this weekend.

Kristine said...

You always make the most beautiful jewelry!

Chickenbells said...

Oh, I love the green ones...they look like some kind of exotic fruit or berry!

Robyn said...

I think they're all rather beautiful. I like that clear glass look. It was a beautiful day here, too. I took the kids on a bike ride up to the neighborhood school and we payed for an hour. Fun!

amandajean said...

lovely earrings! those blue ones are awesome. I am still super impressed that you made 56 pairs in one day. Wow!

Last year we had a robin build a nest on the corner of our deck and laid 3 eggs and hatched 3 little ones right there beneath our noses. Can you believe that I didn't even take pictures of the whole process? I am so disappointed that I didn't document it. I would have made a little book with the help of my boys. It would have been so cool.

julieree said...

how perfect is this weather? I really was beginning to doubt if we'd ever see the sun again and here nyc gives us the most beautiful day. Hope you are enjoying it!!

love the earrings. Especially that middle pair--the greens are so great together.

maritza said...

I admire how incredibly productive you are. And I adore those blue earrings and the green ones too - the clear beads are fantastic. Definitely some of my faves.

KSV said...

I love the darker green ones. They remind me of two movies, Return to Oz and Great Expections. I love rich green like that!! I have a little dove family moving into my yard, I love baby birds!!! I have been helping them with some food, is that bad? I left them a few cherry tomatoes and some strawberries on the ledge of my wall. The momma flew to them as soon as I walked away. I wish I was a bird sometimes...

LeeAnn said...

Thanks so much for visiting!

I wish I could wear earings! You're totally my style. I love how you take inspiring photos and make earing to match.

Sarah said...

Ooo... I love these! Especially the blue ones!

I have a little brown bird that joins me periodically during the day on my window ledge at work and chirps it's little heart out. I love it!

Lesley said...

I love these colours at the moment. I've just been away and I can't believe how much you've done since I've been gone!!

How wonderful about the bird! Hope you post some pics of the chicks :-)