4.30.2007

It All Started Out So Innocently...

I'd posted a few comments on the blog Crazy Mom Quilts, since I admired both the craft and simplicity of the posts by its author, AmandaJean. She, too, posted a few comments on my blog. And as blog friendships tend to do, ours quickly developed. AmandaJean and I found that we had quite a bit to chat about, most significantly, the idea of moving. But that's a whole different post. Anyhow, one thing led to another and... yep, you guessed it. A swap was arranged. I must admit, I love to swap with crafters who sew. I mean, I can sew a straight line and all, and if a piece of my clothing rips on a seam , I can take care of it. But I can make nothing like the fabulous pieces that AmandaJean sent me. Just look:

The woman has three kids and not only did she make me a tissue cover and all of the beauties below, but she even made the adorable card! Sheesh!


I'm in pouch heaven.
Black and white (and quilted!) is always right up my alley.
And it was AmandaJean's variations on the vinyl pouch theme
a while back that really got me hooked on her blog.
I'm so giddy to now own one myself!

But this is the mother of the swap goodness. This tote rocks my world! The fabric - blues, greys, blacks. The print - bold, graphic, mod. The shape - simple, straightforward, functional. The straps - just-right over-the-shoulder length. This bag is perfection. I could not have hoped for a more generous, funky, useful, and thoughtful set of swap items. Thanks, AmandaJean. I only hope that you're as happy with your swap gifts as I am with mine.

20 comments:

LeeAnn said...

You guys did an excellent swap! You both made out!

Chickenbells said...

Good heavens...how did I miss the last few posts? Sometimes I wonder about my head...anyway, I love all the little pouches and bags, and I wouldn't worry about the swap, I'll bet she's giddy with your package!!

Wende said...

!! That's amazing. You can never have too many pouches!!

Nadia said...

Nice booty!

amandajean said...

oh, I am, I am!

couldn't be happier :)

Robyn said...

that's a nice swap! And as a teacher, I imagine you can't ever have enough pouches.

Shona said...

I am in love with her brown vinyl zig-zag pouches!
You two are just too cute!

kat said...

what a great, fun swap :)

Those pouches + that tote are positively awesome. You are going {well, you probably already are} to be one stylish girl :)

Lesley said...

I'm green with envy!!

Sarah said...

Lucky, lucky! Both of you!

Connie said...

whoa! awesome swap! she is one crafty lady!

erin said...

oh, now that is a good swap! lucky you, susan!

Sonya said...

Know your strengths and swap for things you can't make yourself - I think she's got it!

Erin said...

Wow, such fantastic loot Susan. You really lucked out.
BTW...I don't know if you were being kind about the recipes but I posted them on my blog tonight for you.

Lynn said...

Those look amazing! I somehow ended up here this morning, and I absolutely love your blog. Once I get around to making an etsy account I will buy tons of your earrings!

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Oh my, you ARE a lucky girl. I am esp admiring the vinyl pouch!

Eva said...

what awesome stuff you got...you are one lucky gal! Great swap.

KSV said...

Lucky you!! That tote is rather fabulous! I thought the black pouch was a laptop cover, at first. I would pay big bugs for a laptop cover that cute. The leather pouch is great with the little measuring tape tag. I am so excited for you!!

Gloria said...

Aw, I wish I could sew better too. I even have a lovely old machine and all, but I haven't the patience At All.

Ashley said...

What a fun swap! I'm loving the color combo on the vinyl pouch--and can you ever have too many tote bags, especially super-cute ones like that?