4.26.2007

How Cool is Kathy?

So cool. A while back, she posted about a swapportunity on her blog, While Tangerine Dreams. She offered to make her lucky swap partners pairs of felted slippers in exchange for [fill in the blank with craft of choice here]. I like guidelines like that and I was pretty taken with the pair that she had made for herself, so I contacted her, traced my feet, and we were on our way. Then Kathy thought of the coolest thing. When we were discussing what colors she ought to use for my booties, she suggested that I send her a photo and she'd work from it, you know... a la Original Intent. Cool. I was so down. Since I'm blue-obsessed, I passed along this photo of graffiti on the back of a billboard:



A huge grin spread across my face today when I opened the envelope that she sent and found that the slippers were wrapped in the image itself. My smile cracked even wider when I saw Kathy's interpretation of the photo. The booties, named "Tag, You're It" (isn't she clever?) are the perfect shades of blue and, on the top of each, have little references to the lines of graffiti in the photo. These are my new dress up slippers. As in, I will not stand in front of the sink and wash dishes in these slippers. As in, I will not ride the elevator in our apartment building down to the laundry room in these slippers. I will put my feet up, drink endless amounts of coffee, leaf through magazines, and gaze out the window in these slippers. Cool.


And to top it all off, Kathy included some yummy Potty Mouth Hemp Lip Balm from her handmade soap and stuff line, Do Be Clean (you can also check out her etsy shop here). My cozy-loving toes and my chapped lips thank her. (My swap package to Kathy will be thanking her in person next week...)

6 comments:

LeeAnn said...

Now that was a cool swap!

Sonya said...

Swaps just restore my faith in humanity.

erin said...

wow! that is amazing! don't you just love a good swap? i do! i do!

kat said...

How lucky are you both? Great swap! I love those slippers. I'm sure she is going to love your earrings :)

I'm off to check out kathy. She sounds great. How clever to make the wrapping paper out of the photo? very!

Chickenbells said...

How wonderful...they are perfect for lounging around and looking generally incredible...

Robyn said...

Nice swap, I must say. :0)