4.30.2007

Family Ties

There's nothing like getting out of the city to spend a gorgeous spring weekend with my family in my hometown. Two days (super quick as they were) in Cleveland perked me up and a bit and helped to get me out of my blahs. It was especially nice to:

hear about my dad's plans for his cross-country drive
on his Harley this June (Go, Dad!)


receive gifts of vintage buttons and hankies from my mom

be hosted at the home of my sister
who can cook and throw a party like no other


listen to the tunes of my multi-talented brother-in-law -
I bet you didn't know that a button box could be so cool

hang out with my niece and nephews, the cutest little nuggests ever

8 comments:

amandajean said...

so glad that you had a great time with your family. I am sure it went by too quickly.

I got your package today and I LOVE IT ALL! now I am wishing that I would have added lots more to your package. thanks so much.

the lemon and ginger tea cookies were superb. so. good. wow.
(poor Kev missed out...he didn't get home from work early enough.)

LeeAnn said...

Look at your cute buttons!

Love Squalor said...

buttons! how fun!

Wende said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend. Those buttons are amazing.

Nadia said...

I love weekend getaways! Sounds like ou had a fun time.

Robyn said...

I love family time. I know this wil sound corny and kind of obvious, but it feels like coming home, like you've been away for a while, but you pick up right where you left off the last time. Love that. So glad you got to spend time with them.

kat said...

good to hang with family. Things always feel better :) Looks like you had a wonderful time.

erin said...

lovely weekending you had! and those buttons are fabulous. i want to see the hankies!