3.25.2007

Texas or Bust

I've been working my bee-hind off for a little over a week now, trying to get the sulu-design etsy shop well stocked. You can check out the most recently added earrings in the sidebar, or click on the photos below for links to some of the shop's newest pieces:






I've also been making a few deliveries to the shops in Queens that carry sulu-design pieces. Subdivision in Long Island city has 16 new pairs of earrings, and Mimi's Closet in Astoria has close to fifty. I'm just trying to have all of my i's dotted and my t's crossed before Barry and I head out of town for Spring Break this Saturday. Texas here we come! A few years ago, on a bit of a whim, Barry and I took a two week road trip around the state. We generally avoided big cities - Austin being the exception - and ended up falling head over heels in love with the place. Who woulda thunk it? We were pleasantly surprised by lots of quirky small towns and amazing scenery in the Big Bend region, so we're headed back for a heapin' helpin' of Texas fun (and barbecue) during the first week in April.
Which reminds me... I've been meaning to ask you readers who are familiar with Austin: can anyone recommend a small shop there that might be a potential sulu-design jewelry retailer? When we were in Austin last, I made arrangements with Elise, the sweet owner of Vanilla Girl Designs, to have my pieces sold at her shop, but for whatever reason, they just didn't do all that well there. Seeing as I've become obsessed with the city, I'd be thrilled to have my pieces in an Austin shop, and I'd like to set up a meeting with a store owner while we're there if possible. I'd appreciate any suggestions you've got.
I hope your week gets off to a good start. (But honestly, I'm getting really excited for it to end!)

11 comments:

traci said...

you are killing me here lady. those little chain-link earrings with blue... arghh. i'm really trying to restrain myself. but gosh darn it susan you don't make it easy.

Nadia said...

I love the ball and chain one! And I love how you manage to photograph things at the best angles.

Chickenbells said...

OH, I love the black and red necklace...I love Austin too. Although, I have to admit, the last time I was there was for a wedding, and didn't get to shop that much...Good luck!

Lesley said...

Crikey, I go away for a few days and look how much I miss!! You must be one of the most productive people I know! Lovely pieces as always.

Connie said...

wow, you are busy busy! i hope you get to enjoy your time in Austin

kat said...

well, the closest I've been to Texas is my pseudo chili :) Afraid I have nothing to offer but to wish you a happy, stress-free week!

I agree with everyone else, you have to be the most productive person I know too.

Love the new earrings. Gorgeous as always. I need to get some photo tips from you :) Your photography is always inspiring.

erin said...

kate says she's going to texas on her honeymoon...

Raji said...

The red and black one has such a powerful tone to it - it's moody and adventurous at the same time. Love it!

Robyn said...

I don't know of any places, but Amy of HappyThings lives in Austin, and might be able to help.
I really hope the week goes well and the spring break is even better!

Erin said...

Such lovely earrings. I too am trying to restrain myself but...they are so darn pretty. I hope you find a shop in Austin to sell your earrings. Have a great trip and enjoy the weather!

David said...

Be sure to check out www.bigbendchat.com and
www.virtualbigbend.com to find out what is
going on in the
West Texas Trans Pecos Big Bend Region.
ShaneA shanea@sfajacks.com