3.20.2007

Taylor Made Swap Happiness


I could just let the images of my goodies from my most recent swap speak for themselves because, as you'll see, the gifts I received are stunning. But I do want to say a word about their super-talented creator, Kristen of TAYLOR MADE designs. I read Kristen's blog daily, and am always impressed by her savvy approach to the marketing of her TAYLOR MADE designs books, albums, notecards and design services. Just the other day, she posted a bit about branding that got me thinking a lot about the casual way in which I approach my mini-business. Man, does this lady know a thing or two about branding. Take a look at the fabulous packaging that her swap gifts arrived in, all marked with company name and her bold logo:




But what was even better than her stylish wrapping was what Kristen had wrapped up inside. She and I had agreed to a book-for-earring swap, and boy, oh boy, did I receive an amazing little book. But Kristen's generosity didn't end there. She created a special sulu-design ribbon for the book's tied closure, and also made an entire roll of personalized ribbon for me. It is so thrilling to see my shop's name printed on ribbon - I feel so official! And on top of that, she even made cute notecards (with the help of her adorable son) with my name on them. I'm in shock.






Similar items by Kristen can be found in her TAYLOR MADE designs etsy shop, and she takes customer orders (and knocks them out of the ballpark, as you can see). I've said it before, (more than once) and I'll say it again. Swapping = Good. Thanks so much, Kristen!

9 comments:

Robyn said...

What a great swap! Kristen is incredibly talented and she does have that marketing thing down! It all looks wonderful and that ribbon will be great to personalize your orders. Nice!

erin said...

oh my goodness! what a great swap! i especially love the ribbon and the notecards. lucky you!

kat said...

You are way too nice!
This was the best swap ever.

Wait till everyone sees what you sent me! You are so talented! I just wish my photos of your jewelry were as nice as yours! (my photos don't do them justice!)

wende said...

What a cool swap! I wish I made something swappable! :D

Gloria said...

That is totally charming.

Lesley said...

Ooh very smart! Great colours too.

traci said...

omg! tis quite a presentation... and your first photo is gorgeous. i mean seriously.. the colors. ooooohhh. so so lovely.

amandajean said...

wow...you must be drooling all over that ribbon...what a great swap full of goodies! lucky you!!!

Chickenbells said...

How wonderful...I just love the ribbon...official indeed!