3.17.2007

The Snow Excuse

I spoke too soon. Spring, in fact, has not sprung here in NYC. We're under a blanket of snow, which makes me feel a little less guilty about being in my pajamas after noon today. The weather is the perfect excuse for me to brew our third pot of coffee this morning and work on earrings while Barry labors away behind me on repairing the fourth bicycle that we have pulled from the trash in the past few years. Our living room is quite a sight - beads strewn all over one half, a drop cloth and bike stand occupying the other. I used to think that I'd know that "we made it" when we owned our own dish washer. Now, I'm thinking the status will be realized when we have a garage and a studio. Rather than leave you with the horrific image that is our living room, I thought I'd share pictures of the sweetest weeds ever, pulled from a succulent pot on our windowsill - (this is my attempt at saying Happy St. Patrick's Day):


Thanks to those of you who inquired about my students' performance on their state math tests earlier this month. I'm happy to report that the test was quite fair, and while I won't know the results for quite a while (next school year, possibly!), I'm confident that they did well. Thanks also for the kind comments on the recent Original Intent posts. I appreciate that so many of you stop to post a note - I know that it can be tedious to find something to say about another pair of earrings - especially when that's all that I've posted all week. I do appreciate every note, and to make it a bit easier on those of you who comment, I've disabled the word verification step that can feel like, as Rachel noted, taking an exam. I totally agree - so they're gone. I've also worked on organizing the sidebar a bit, and added the mini etsy link. Next on my blog to-do list is to make a folder (I'm sure there's another more accurate term that I'm unaware of) for the Original Intent posts - a great suggestion from Maditi. I've been updating my etsy shop bit by bit, too, and there will be lots of new pieces there before the weekend comes to an end. Enjoy your weekend, all!

16 comments:

kat said...

holy gamoly... {is that a word?} great minds think alike... I have been trying to figure out how to disable the word verification on my site for the past day too. I just can't find it!

I have to admit, I'm a bit grateful for the snow. No guilt about hanging inside doing work on the computer. If it were nice out, I'd be gardening, playing with the kids, or kicking ball for the dogs.

I love your original intent series + seeing your jewelry!

Robyn said...

You have been busy! And, when you have such beautiful jewelry to show, it's easy to comment. :0) Hope the snow melts quickly.

julieree said...

your mini-etsy thingamabob looks great!

i can definitely relate about the space thing. jennie and I are tripping over each other with all the junk from our hobbies. like, literally tripping over each other and making a big old mess. But at least it forces us to be (relatively) neat and tidy.

lovely clover pics!

maditi said...

happy you like my suggestion :)
you could give your posts "labels" and organize your labels on the sidebar - hope this did help a bit !!
just drop me a note in case for further advice ...
keep warm!!

KSV said...

Congrats on the test!! I am sure your students did great! I love your etsy page and have forwarded various links to my main squeeze as birthday gift hints!! I hope he acts on those hints!! I LOVE YOUR BLOGS!! I think it is so clever that you take a picture from the street, buildings, nature, whatever you see and then show the earrings or jewelry that contains some element of the picture. You are clever and very talented!!

erin said...

great clover photos! it sounds like you are busy checking things off your list...wish i felt so accomplished! love the etsy thing. it really looks great!

Rachel C Miller said...

The seasons are here and gone so quickly we have to enjoy them for all the beauty that they shower on us. Nothing is more exciting then waking up to snow covered hills to find them
melted by lunch.

Connie said...

the snow! the SNOW! it was crazy, wasn't it? is it melting down by you now, cause its this ooky mess up here now

amandajean said...

I am so anxious for spring as well. We don't have snow, but it is still cold! I can't wait for the weather to warm up. You are right though, it does help justify the crafting time...gotta love that.
I loved rachel's comment about the word verification thing...it made me laugh.
I so enjoy your blog...it is very inspiring!

Brittany said...

aw what a pretty picture! its such a pretty green, even if it is snowing out by you. I wish it would snow in los angeles sometime, that wold be nice.

traci said...

these photos are so lovely.

Chickenbells said...

Eh? spring? well, it's supposed to snow up here on Wed. and it's been almost 70 all week, so there you go (although, I'm use to it, we usually have more white Easters than Christmases)

I love the clovers...I totally forgot about St. Patricks day...oopsie, is it enough that I'm Irish? Must I wear green too? cripes...

Erin said...

Lovely photo of the Clovers. Sounds like you had a perfect day nice and cozy in side. Your Etsy side bar looks great.

Rachel said...

those clovers are perfect hearts!

thank you for disabling the word verification. it was just a teeny, tiny hurdle to leave you a comment on how great your talent is! [would still leave comments whether it was on of off!]

Rachel said...

correction..."whether it was on or off." Makes more sense, huh? =)

MB said...

I love these photos...how gorgeous. I hope you enjoyed the snow!