3.06.2007

Rockin' Robyn

I was almost rendered speechless (I said almost - you should know me well enough by now to know that I'm never completely at a loss for words) when I opened up a package from Robyn last night. It was part of a swap between the two of us that all started when she asked me about the colors that are dominant in our kitchen. Her innocent little question grew into what must have been quite the project for her, based on its awe-inducing outcome. I was stunned by this amazing three-piece set that Robyn made for me and my little red and black and shoebox that Barry and I call a kitchen. Check out the lovely towel, the beautiful oven mitt (which, by the way, is the perfect size for my hands - they always swim in store-bought mitts), and the apron - oh, the apron! I love the patchwork detail on each piece, and as you'll see from the photos that follow, they match the odds and ends inour kitchen quite well.




You should check out Robyn's etsy shop, and hope that some kitchen goodies like these make their way into the shop soon. They are so well-crafted and just stunning to look at. A world of thanks to you, Robyn! Now, see what I mean about the perfect match?



In return, I sent Robyn several pairs of sulu-design earrings and a little box of vintage buttons that she's got pictured on her blog.


Swapping is good.

12 comments:

julieree said...

score! sounds like an excellent swap--love the oven mitt especially!
:)

Robyn said...

I knew you'd take better pictures than me. ;0) And I am amazed at how well the colors work in your kitchen. Of course, you did do a great job of describing the color, so that made it easier.
Anyways, hope the maths test went well today for your students.

Crystal said...

Wow, now I want to do a swap! Hehe. Those are adorable, and the earrings you made are just lovely! :-D

Erin said...

What a lovely gift. Swaps are lots of fun. BTW... I am glad George Michael led you to my blog. I found your name in someone's comment (Mayfly?) so thought I'd check it out. You a very catchy name. I am loving those brown earrings and the red one's too. I may just have to sign up for paypal and get me some!

Nadia said...

That oven mitt is amazing!

kat said...

How fun + thoughtful~ Lucky you and lucky her!

I hope the kids did well on their math exam!

Lesley said...

They're gorgeous! Heading over to have a look at Etsy now!

Shona said...

It is astonishing how generous people are with their trades + also surprise packages. I got the most amazing surprise package + my boyfriend is still shocked that someone took the time to send so many wonderful handmade goodies.
Swapping IS good.

Sonya said...

What an amazing swap! Hey you are definately on my want-to-swap with list.

erin said...

you two are talented gals! what a great swap.

Felicia said...

Swapping is indeed good. That apron looks very pretty.

amandajean said...

what a bunch of wonderful goodies! and I am sure that she will be thrilled with your beautiful earrings.