2.14.2007

Eating Fest, February 2007

I have a valid excuse for my postless day yesterday. I was preparing for today, one of my favorite days of the year. No, not Valentine's Day (although I have nothing against the holiday). Today is Barry's birthday. As is our habit on birthdays, we spent the day enjoying wonderful meals. There was a photo exhibit and some gift-giving mixed in there somewhere, but what is truly post-worthy is the eating experience:

Breakfast? Balthazar.

Lunch? Lovely Day.


Dinner? Domestic.

I'll be back tomorrow, once I've finished digesting.

12 comments:

Chickenbells said...

Well...Happy Birthday, what a wonderfu excuse to feast feast feast! It makes me full just thinking of it, of course, it could be because I just got done with my own little feasting...

erin said...

Happy Birthday to Barry! The two of you sure know how to celebrate!

kat said...

oh Happy Birthday Barry! Sounds like the best yummy day.

Robyn said...

Well, now that sounds like a way to spend a birthday! Happy Birthdya to Barry!

Shona said...

I love your gluttonous birthday celebrations! And there is no rule that says you have to post EVERY DAY!
Have fun digesting.

cynic the lamb said...

Happy birthday to Barry!
I so love your photography - it makes me wish I was right there. And that menu sounds divine. Hope you guys had a great time - sounds like it. :)

Sonya said...

Crème brûlée? I just watched Amélie yesterday, the two now forever associated. Maybe there was some sort of synchronous, bi-costal, custard cracking. Trouble was, I was just a viewer. Or voyeur? There was an article about young up and coming types breakfasting as a means of social networking, Balthazar was mentioned. I think I will have to shamelessly steal your birthday tradition. San Francisco is a good gourmand-crawl-town.

Lesley said...

Happy birthday to Barry!! Sounds like a fab day!

Connie said...

holy moly what a lucky guy!

KSV said...

I love restaurants with counters and stools. I would love to have a soda in an old fashioned soda shoppe with stools like that. Hope you digest well!

maditi said...

sounds like a lovely day :)

Gloria said...

Ahhhh, I love Balthazar. I am so so so jealous. I have the cookbook, but it's not like actually being there.