2.06.2007

And Another Thing

How could I forget? I meant to mention in yesterday's post that a fun little milestone was reached during the thirty days of Original Intent... my 100th etsy sale. It really was a thrill for me. When it happened, I thought back to this summer when I posted my first items in the shop. I had posted a handful of pairs of earrings, and then proceeded to check my e-mail at least once an hour, hoping for an order, until my fingers were practically raw from the obsessive typing and mouse clicking. It took quite a while before the first pair ever sold (many thanks to Lesley who made my year with her purchase), but it took even longer for me to get out of the habit of constantly checking in on how many views each pair had. I don't think I'll ever get over the excitement, though, that I feel ever time I find that another pair of sulu-design earrings has sold. The excitement's got little to nothing to do with the sale of a product (that is, it ain't about the money, baby). Honestly, I get such pleasure out of knowing that someone out there, someone whom I've never met, actually liked something that I made enough to order it. Cheesey, I know, but it makes me feel... special. So, with all of that being said, I'm hoping to start a new etsy habit, based on the Original Intent project. The plan is that I'll continue to post one insipring photo and one pair of earrings per week (on Mondays, I think) both on my blog and in my etsy shop. I'm also going to make an effort to restock the shop on a more regular basis, to keep the designs fresh. You can expect the next stage of Original Intent next week, but for now, I leave you with these:

which can be found here.

Many thanks for all of the amazingly kind comments on yesterday's post. You guys are the greatest.

14 comments:

cynic the lamb said...

Congratulations on your 100th sale! What a milestone!

Melissa said...

woo hoo! congrats on both the 100th sale and making it through 30 days of your project. i know i didn't comment much, but every photo and project was so inspiring and beautiful! great job susan!

Chickenbells said...

Wonderful..and congratulations! I was wearing my Sulu fish necklace today...I just love it so!!!

Momo said...

I'm so glad I could contribute to #100!!! :) :) :)

And yay for continuing Original Intent! I can't wait for my latest pair :P

Lesley said...

Wow! You're up to 100 already, that's fantastic! I knew you'd do well :-D

meg said...

congratulations on your 100th sale! i'm so looking forward to the day when i have a disposable income and can treat myself to some of your pretties....

erin said...

100 is a big number! congrats susan!

kat said...

Congrats on 100! Here's to another 100!

cccavicch said...

Hey -- welcome back to blogland. Although I really enjoyed the Original Intent series, I missed reading about your life (especially since I never see you anymore!).

Carolyn
xo

Sonya said...

Congrats on your milestone sale, I hope ballons dropped and ticker tape tossed.

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

WHAT???? I missed the first day of the day I was afraid of??? Wel, maybe that was all part of the greater plan? I love that you think like me. In the sense of, not just the money but the passion and the fulfillment. YES!!!

Shona said...

I know exactly what you mean. With so much out therethat someone can spend their $$ on, they choose something you made + that feels damn good!

Baraka said...

Congratulations - I love your work & love the earrings I got!

Warmly,
Baraka

Robyn said...

100th sale! That is so awesome. And I can relate to the obsessive clicking. I am glad you will continue the Original Intent. I think it will help to keep the ideas fresh.