11.29.2006

When Does Hobby Become Addiction?

It all started out so innocently. My intentions were to make a quick trip to the bead store to pick up one type of bead. Just one. The white milky oval one. I was going to make a couple pieces for a customer who missed out on the ones that I posted in my etsy shop - the ones made with the bead in question. The quick trip lasted a bit longer than I intended (and cost a bit more, too), resulting in the purchase of the following:









I have no real need for these beads now. I've stopped by Flirt, JetSet, Sodafine, and Subdivision to drop off pieces for the holiday shopping rush. I've got several pieces on hand to add to the sulu-design etsy shop, and I've got my holiday gifts covered. I DO NOT NEED MORE BEADS RIGHT NOW! But I couldn't resist. So, while I was expecting to post a lovely picture of a home-cooked meal this evening (we're having tilapia with a black bean salsa, in case you were dying to know), you're getting beads instead.

P.S. I'm so glad to read that Crystal is enjoying her newly arrived sulu-design earrings. Thanks for posting about them on your blog, Crystal!

13 comments:

Rachel said...

Those beads look great! I can't wait to see what you do with them.

Anonymous said...

I swear the beads looks just as good as any food ever does! I wonder why that is? You should see my fabric (yikes)

traci said...

how can you resist such beautiful beads! you can't that's how!

Maryanne said...

Hey... did you buy enough white milky beads to make one of those necklaces for your dear sister to purchase on etsy?

Belinda said...

I don't think it really matters what your hobbies is. You should see me in a fabric or yarn store...there is no thought to how much I can afford I just have to have it

Debi said...

Your jewelery is all so pretty but I MUST have a pair of those orange fish earrings Crystal posted about!! Any possibility of "reserving" 2 pair? Pretty please? :)

Lesley said...

Those beads are gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing what you make with them. Don't worry, I'm just the same in the art shop ;-)

Mom said...

Wouldn't call it an addiction, would say it's becoming a fulltime career!

Am hoping you bring some things home at Christmas to take to Details at Eton!

Miss Twiss said...

Beautiful selection.

Crystal said...

Lovely beads... can't wait to see the beautiful pieces they become! They are great, who could pass those up? I am the same way about yarn, sometimes fabric, sewing patterns... nearly all of my hobbies! You know you don't need it YET, but what if they sell out before you do? At least, that is my excuse for buying too much!

Do you go to a bead shop, or a general craft store for your beautiful beads? I have never seen anything like the things you use. I have made a few pieces of jewelry, and have a few ideas for more, but can never find what I have in mind.

As for the blog mention, I love handcrafted items, and when I get a great one, with great service, I have to rave!

Colette said...

Is that the mango and black bean salsa?

Love the new beads! I see many new purchases in my future.

erin said...

you know i understand...beads, fabric - it's all the same!

Funky Finds said...

saw this & thought of you!

http://www.ornamentea.com/MERCHANT2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=bedizen&Product_Code=999B0001