11.13.2006

They Keep Coming

The second bead that I picked up in my attempt to replace the elusive orange oval bead is a bit larger than what I was looking for, but it has an awesome matte finish that makes it look more like resin than stone. It has a deep, rich red tone and a translucent quality that I'm fond of:






As it's turned out, the search for the orange bead has led me to several others that I might have overlooked otherwise. Thanks to Barry for spotting this particular bead at the supply shop. More sulu-design earrings from the Operation Orange Oval shopping trip tomorrow...

6 comments:

cynic the lamb said...

Those are fabulous! I love the matte finish. It looks great on its own and also looks wonderful when juxtaposed to the sleek smaller beads. Nice color too.

Mary said...

Very nice...these are espcially stunning! That is great idea to try to market the cards to the places that carry the paintings and prints...I'll try my darndest to make it happen! ahah!

Anonymous said...

oh my. that red is great. looks really lovely with the smaller orange beads.

and your photos are looking so fantastic! i love seeing them all lined up like that--awesome!

elizabeth said...

these are friggin' amazing!!!!

Crystal said...

Gorgeous earrings! I just found your site, and I love your designs. I'm particularly partial to the goldfish earrings and am dying to have a pair! Does the $14 price include shipping, or is it separate? Thanks.

abbyjane said...

I really like the orange ovals. A great shape. I have short hair so I like an earring like this, with some umph.