11.27.2006

Recovery

The funny thing about long weekends is that I often need another weekend to recover from all that time off. Barry and I had a wonderful stay in Richmond. My thanks go to Mike and Judy, our amazing hosts and my fabulous in-laws. Before heading back to NYC yesterday afternoon, we were able to run over to a couple galleries where Mary, a blog friend, has pieces on exhibit, only to find the galleries closed (I guess we'll have to try again when we visit in December).


Quirk

We then proceeded to the airport, arriving the suggested two hours early for our flight. As luck would have it, our flight (and only our flight) was delayed several hours, so we didn't arrive home until close to midnight. Between my travel-induced weariness, the late hour I was finally able to get to bed, and the residual turkey hangover that I was nursing, I couldn't get myself together this morning, and I didn't go to work. I tried to take it easy today, but I'm still not feeling quite right. I better snap out of it soon, though - I don't think my principal looks favorably on stretching four day weekends into six. I hope your return to work was as pleasant as possible...

6 comments:

Gloria said...

Ah, the Richmond airport has free internet!

Hate it when travel plans go awry, but it's especially worse when it seems like everyone in the free world is traveling as well.

Anonymous said...

Man, I just went on 2 hikes + bought a coffee table (yes, we did buy that table, there is NO WAY I would have walked away from that find) and I could barely form a complete sentence today. A flight + getting home at midnight would have killed me ( but at least there was not a time zone jet lag issue).

erin said...

sounds like you had a great weekend - bummer that you were stranded in the airport for longer than anticipated. hope you get some good rest. off to bed myself!

Mary said...

Aw I'm so glad you tried to stop by the galleries! haha, figures they were closed and your airport luck! I am headed that way tomorrow to face the same issue most likely!

Mary

Anonymous said...

Oh no...I hope you feel better as well, it's no good to feel under the weather during the holidays is it?

Anonymous said...

yeah, the good old RIC gave me a bit of trouble too! Didn't flying used to be fun? Those were the days.

So sorry I missed you in VA! next time definitely. and good for you for taking a day to recuperate after the holiday. I always feel like i need a holiday to recover after my holiday too.

congrats on getting featured in the online zine--too cool!