11.01.2006

Productivity and Thanks - Stuffed in a Squash

Nothing beats a super-productive evening. But now that we've turned the clocks back and it gets dark in New York City by 6:00 p.m., I've got to make an extra effort to make the few hours that I have after work worthwhile (as opposed to crashing early, which is what darkness tells me to do). So tonight, aside from going for a run, dropping some donations off at the Salvation Army, and doing laundry, I decided it was time for me to try out Connie's bulgar stuffed squash recipe. This girl has been singing the praises of bulgar for a while now, so I thought I'd better give it a go myself. The results are in. I'm a convert. The recipe was delicious.


Sauteed onions with cranberries, raisins, apple, cinnamon, and freshly grated nutmeg? Yum!



That mixture made the perfect stuffing for that quintessential fall food: squash. Thanks for another tasty and healthy recipe, Connie!

And while I'm thanking people, many thanks go out to all of you who weighed in on the changes I've made in my etsy shop. Your suggestions have been so helpful. Thanks also for the kind comments that some of you have posted regarding recent earring designs. I love your feedback (especially the nice stuff - who doesn't?), and I appreciate that you visit the sulu-design blog regularly. It means a lot to me that you take the time to post comments. Enjoy your Thursday, and as my former principal would say every morning over the loud speaker, "Have a very productive day."

7 comments:

LALA dex press said...

I also sing the praises of bulgar- I absolutely love it!

You produce great work + write an interesting blog, so what's not to complement?

Lesley said...

Mmm... that looks very tasty!

I can sympathise with it going dark early. Sunset is at 4.40pm here today in the UK :-( Makes me want to hibernate!

erin said...

Here's to having that productive day - I need it!

Mary said...

Wow...that dish looks so "fally" is that a word? haha

I hope you have a productive day too!

traci said...

oh yum! that will go on the list of things i should make at once!

Soie Belle said...

That really looks fresh and yummy!

Anonymous said...

Yummmy...that looks lke a great recepie!