11.05.2006

It was the perfect day for a nice, long run...

and conveniently, the NYC marathon was scheduled to start this morning. Barry and I cheered on participants in Long Island City, Queens for a couple of hours, catching a glimpse of Lance Armstrong as well as thousands of other awe-inspiring men and women. We then had a lovely brunch at one of my favorite local spots, Tournesol, and headed into Manhattan to pick up a few jewelry supplies and to window shop. We returned to L.I.C. where we had parked our car earlier - oh, have I failed to mention that the "buyer" for our car stood us up not once, not twice, but three times? - and had another fabulous meal at Tuk Tuk, a great Thai restaurant.


A perfect Sunday. And I must admit, I'm actually happy that the car deal fell through. I'm too attached to it to sell it right now. Have a great week, all, and congratulations to the NYC marathon runners!

6 comments:

mary said...

I love the new designs!!! That must have been awesome seeing lance armstrong!! I hope you have fun with all your new supplies and thanks so much for your kind words!

connie said...

haha... you watched runners and then ate a big brunch. sorry, kinda funny. but, sounds like a lovely day!

erin said...

sounds like a nice way to spend a sunday!

LALA dex press said...

I hate to say it, but maybe you are meant to keep the car for some reason or another (the answer will be revealed sometime soon).
The other thing is that I admire your resistance to shop when you drop off your jewelry to all these fabulous places.

Rachel said...

I just wanted to let you know that I got the earrings today in the mail, and I think they're fantastic! I'm really happy with them. Additionally, your packaging is too cute. I'm having trouble logging in to etsy at the moment, but as soon as I can get through I'll add a comment there as well. Thanks so much!

cynic the lamb said...

Things I miss about living in LIC - seeing the marathon and cheering everyone on. Love it. Sounds like you had a beautiful day.