11.08.2006

I'm Smiling on This Dark and Dreary Wednesday Night Because...

1. Barry is home. I am home. Aside from the weekends, this rarely happens, seeing as I am a teacher and he is the director of a community center for youth, which operates primarily during after school hours.

2. The nasty weather in NYC today allowed me to use the awesome umbrella that Peter and Jennifer gave me for my birthday. How cool is this pattern?


3. I got a great card from one of my favorite girls in the world, Holly. Seeing as she got married right before my birthday, I'm impressed that she even remembered my birthday...


4. Included in the card were several of pieces of Portland propaganda. Holly's attempt to get us to move out to her fair city is slowly but surely working. She mentioned that there are lots of great bead stores out there. Hmmm...


5. Staying up late to post last night proved fruitful - the orange oval earrings were purchased from my etsy shop today by Kate, a loyal sulu-design customer.

6. I'm happily anticipating meeting Julie tomorrow. I love this girl's attention to detail in her sewn work and her crative graphic designs. Can't wait to meet her in person!

5 comments:

traci said...

happy late birthday lady! that umbrella is amazing!! and god i loved all of those orange beauties, but alas i wasn't quick enough :)

Maryanne said...

Uh oh... commented on your old post and and hoping you will read it...

erin said...

if only i could be a fly on the wall when you and julie meet....you both inspire me!

cynic the lamb said...

Holy crap, that umbrella is amazing! If you don't mind me asking (I hope I am not being rude), but where did they get that or who is that by, rather? It's a fabulous print.
Have fun tomorrow!

Bonnie said...

The pacific northwest is great! Come on out! Although...as the radio guy said...if you see something big and round and shiny in the sky, don't be afraid--it is just the sun and will disappear soon. Entering second week of 100% chance of rain. But maybe Portland isn't as bad as Seattle in that regard? The summer was lovely.