11.12.2006

I See A Red Door and I Want It Painted Black

The dreary weather in NYC kept me indoors for most of the day today. Happily, though, I was in a Little Suzy Homemaker mood, so I tackled a few projects that I've been meaning to get to, like trying out the low-fat oatmeal bar recipe on the Quaker Oats container:


and painting our kitchen. I am absolutely loving the flat black paint that Barry and I picked out for the room about a month ago. It hides all the flaws that the walls in our pre-war rental apartment have, and looks terrific with the pieces that we already had in the room (if I do say so myself).



Looking forward to showing you so many more sulu-design pieces later this week...

4 comments:

Elisabet said...

Looks so good!

erin said...

oh a black kitchen! great idea...such a nice back drop for anything and everything. do you have white cabinets? I can just "see" the crisp contrast!

cynic the lamb said...

That looks great! I am loving the thermoses, by the way. Very cool!

Anonymous said...

Wow...I'll bet it looks so crisp in there now! Nothing like a coat of paint to freshen everything up...It's my favorite kind of home improvement, and dark colors show everything off so well don't they?