10.19.2006

Worth the Wait?

I left work at 3:27 and a half on the dot (yes, that's how insane the New York Board of Education is - our contract requires me to work from 8:30 a.m. to 3:27.5), made it a quick work out at the gym, and hot footed it home, all for the sake of getting to our apartment while it was still light out, so I could photograph a few of the earrings I made yesterday in natural light. It's pitch black out. It's not even 7:00 yet. Ugh. I hate the darkness that lingers in the morning and descends on us so early in the evenings as winter appraoches. But I wasn't going to be defeated, so I turned to our trusty desk lamp and came up with these:

first, the pair that I photographed so poorly last night



a second pair using the plum colored stone with which I am recently obsessed



the other obsession-causing stone (which is jade-like in person)



since I've had such a great response to these beads,
I pick some up every time I replenish my supplies




and these, made with simple mother-of-pearl drops


Yep, I've got to say it again. Remember, until Monday, there is no shipping charge on sulu-design pieces at my etsy shop. I plan to post a few of the new designs on etsy tonight, but if you see something you like that isn't posted, feel free to e-mail me (my address is up there in my super dull banner). And hold tight - tomorrow is mini-Saturday!

10 comments:

LALA dex press said...

You have REALLY got the photography down! I know about the light issue + while I love the fall, I hate coming home to the dark (and leaving to go to work in the dark too!)

erin said...

love the pretties - the green stones have such a great shape. As always, the photos rock!

LALA dex press said...

Thank you so much for letting me know that I was mentioned on Funky Finds!

Anonymous said...

I love the oriental looking ones...the carved things (great adjectives huh? I swear, some days...)
I have a friend who is a teacher here, and she also runs the after school program. She was giving 15 minutes of her time "free" and the school board flipped out and now she had to "hire" someone to fill in said 15 minutes (school boards are a trip)

Trenchant Maiden said...

the straight green ones are my favorites.....the others are equally beautiful
your work is really amazing Susan!

traci said...

oh that plum!! and i love those red carved beads... lovely as ever susan.

cynic the lamb said...

Wow, the mother of pearl earrings look stunning....

julieree said...

oh they're all so lovely--I think the mother-of-pearl ones are my faves. they gonna be in the shop?

yeah, darn that darkness and we haven't even fallen back yet. hmph.

Melissa said...

i love the mother of pearl drops! have a good weekend and a happy birthday!

connie said...

wow, i like those green ones a lot

and 3.27.5??!! ha! that is funny. where did they get that number?