10.23.2006

Tummy Full


No craftiness for me today - I'm in recovery from Eating Fest 2006 (otherwise known as my birthday). After returning home from an earth-shatteringly good meal last night, Barry suprised me by making churros and chocolate for my birthday dessert. I'm not a fan of regular birthday cake, and I love this sweet combination at Bar Jamon on 17th Street. I couldn't have asked for a more thoughtful and delicious end to my birthday. And after work today, my friend Marilyn (who made me a yummy carrot cake last week - she, too, knows my sweet preferences well) took me out for a birthday dinner of Thai food in Astoria. The madness ends now... or at least, it ends after Peter and Jennifer stop over for an after-dinner drink this evening. See you all tomorrow (if I don't burst first).

7 comments:

LALA dex press said...

I think I have just gained 10 pounds reading about all the food you ate on FOOD EXTRAVAGANZA FEAT 2006. I know it was all worth the tummy ache. 364 days to prepare for FOOD EXTRAVAGANZA FEAT 2007!

LALA dex press said...

That was supposed to be "FOOD EXTRAVAGANZA FEST," spellcheck is not always my friend.

erin said...

I am in complete and total awe of all the eating you did in the last three days! I could only hope to be so accomplished!

Anonymous said...

mmmm...living vicariously through your foodie-ness. For some reason, I'm down to one meal a day. My mother and I keep joking that I'll probably be on an all-you-can-eat binge soon...maybe I'll come visit?! (hahaha)

Colette said...

Yum - that was a birthday feast to remember!

Mary Contrary said...

Aw sounds like it was great!! I always get this special cake on my birthday with roses...haha and gorge myself on it...as birthdays should be!! Hope you are recovering!

Anonymous said...

Hey - save some for us!
Mark and Heather (aka the Cleveland friends...)