10.15.2006

Taking It Easy

After several weekends of fun, fun, fun (read: little sleep), I am so glad to be keeping it low-key at and around home this weekend. The crisp but sunny fall weather that has fallen upon Queens is making it all the more enjoyable. I was a little too excited to have to wear a scarf yesterday. I'd been waiting for the day when I could wear this vintage hand-woven one that I pulled out of my mom's closet last winter:


Barry's century went well, and he already made a recovery ride early this morning. While he was out, I got to work on a project that I'd been waiting to accomplish since this summer: potting succulents in an old Dansk pot that Barry found in the garbage. We picked these little guys up in Portland at Pistels, a cool nursery on Noth Mississippi.


I'm off now to do a little house cleaning, stop at the gym for a run, and finish up a jewelry-making project that I started last night. I'll be back this evening with photos of my newest sulu-design earrings. Have a wonderful Sunday!

3 comments:

Mary said...

I can't wait to see the earrings and I love the necklace you are sporting in the fist pic!!

mia said...

so, neighbor, which gym? I've been looking for one...

cynic the lamb said...

Nice scarf! And the succulents look great in their new pot. (I so heart succulents.) Glad to hear Barry's century went well.