10.18.2006

Promises, Promises

I promised myself I'd be in bed by 9:00 tonight. Mornings this week have been particularly tough. And here it is, close to 10:00, and I'm photographing new sulu-design earrings and blogging. I just finished up another two dozen pairs of earrings, which are part of an attempt to fulfill another self-imposed promise. Last year, between Thanksgiving and Christmas, things got very hectic for me with my sulu-design jewelry. A few of the stores that carry my pieces called for last minute deliveries, and I came close to completely running out of inventory. So this year, I'm trying to make a lot of pieces for the holiday season before I get swamped with my own holiday concerns. At least I'm keeping one promise. And one hour late isn't that bad.


Now if I could only keep that promise about only photographing in natural light...

6 comments:

erin said...

Gorgeous earrings, Susan!

I have been trying for the early bedtime too - as you can see, it doesn't work all the time!

Anonymous said...

OK girlie...you can't be so hard on yourself...as long as you get all of your stock up...I think we can certainly handle the no natural light rule! And early bed time's are overrated...I mean, we can sleep when were dead right? I am up until all hours on Wed. so I can watch Project Runway...I mean, at least you're creating jewelry!

connie said...

pretty. i like the purple, its different than your other offerings.

oh man, 9pm bedtime. last night i indulged in going to bed at 1130pm... only to begin again at 5am.

whoever said grad students sleep in a lot was seriously mis-informed

Funky Finds said...

those are gorgeous! love the colors!

LALA dex press said...

As my dear friend would say, "that is not a bad problem to have." But the nice thing is that you are prepared for this year + it won't be a point of stress.

Melissa said...

so organized! that's great you're preparing ahead of time for the mad rush.