10.04.2006

No photos...

no jewelry-making, no knitting, and no craftiness to report tonight. I had the perfect excuse to take it easy and indulge a bit. This Friday, Barry and I are flying to Portland, Oregon for the wedding of our friends, Holly and Mike. Seeing as I'm in the wedding, I thought it appropriate to get a manicure and pedicure this evening. Ahhh... It's funny, for as expensive as NYC is, you can get the cheapest manicures and pedicures in little neighborhood spots here - $19 for both seems to be quite a bargain to me. Not wanting to ruin my fancy fingernails, I'm abstaining from bending metal for the next couple of days.
Barry and I have got a list of places that we want to visit while we're in Portland (a great taco spot, a laid back cafe where we had coffee during a previous trip), but I'd love suggestions from anyone who knows and loves Portland. Cute boutiques? Book stores? Bike shops? Vintage and antique spots? Great restaurants? Fun cafes? I would really appreciate any ideas you've got.
And before I go, I must thank Sadira and Kate, two fabulous etsy customers, who have brought me to being just one sale away from double-digits! Thanks, I truly appreciate your support.

6 comments:

erin said...

Susan, check out Posie Gets Cozy (there is a link on my blog). She just recently set up an antique booth - sometime in September - might be a lead for you. She also has a post today about a cupcake bakery!!! Have fun in Portland!

Anonymous said...

You absolutley MUST GO to Powell's Books. I want to assume you know about them...they are a city block big (I believe) and about 3 stories high...they have their own parking garage, resteraunt and coffee...and the most amazing collection of used books ever!!! I may just stow away with you guys...oh wait, you'll have to stop by and pick me up.

Mom said...

Have a wonderful time! Saw Barbara Adams last night, she said to be sure and call Isaac, that he would love to hear from you. He is at an architectural firm - Hackert.
Will you post a picture of your bridsmaid dress? Thought you were in the wedding, is Barry, too?
Hope the weather is great and that you pack everything in!

Soie Belle said...

Portland seems to be a great destination. Have fun at the wedding!

k. cooper said...

i was just there and i ADORED portland! i heartily second the powell's suggestion. also, relish (http://www.relishstyle.com) is a really nice design shop, motel gallery is super great, urbane zen has really really really nice bath fizzies (i brought a ton home with me) and i loved oblation papers (http://www.oblationpapers.com/). i had really lovely, slightly fancy food at bluehour (in the pearl). i also really liked the jupiter hotel (super nice staff, cute and inexpensive room, great gift shop). then of course...thrift, thrift, thrift! there is a gigantic goodwill store on grand that is bigger than any thrift store i have ever seen. i bought so much i had to buy another little suitcase to carry it all home.

also, if you like art/performance, you might want to try and catch something in the usually stellar tba festival at pica, which should probably still be going on.

have a super great time!

cynic the lamb said...

Have a great time in Portland!